Cupra R warm starting issues

joetan1

Hi I've got a 53 leon cupra r, I've been having some issues starting the car when it's still warm. the car starts fine from cold but half the time when I try start it from warm it just turns over... It can take anywhere upto 10-15 mins to get it going, I've tried a new battery and fuel filter but it's still the same.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
Coolant temp sensor maybe? I was having the same problem with my LCR. It would start perfectly in the mornings but after a decent run it would really struggle again. Ran a quick scan on it which showed the fault and it cost less than £8 for a new one.

joetan1

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it does sound like the same as mine. Did you fit yours yourself mate?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I had exactly the same problem and it was my coolant temp sendor. Get a genuine one as my problems wee caused by a cheap eBay item which went wrong after only a few months.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
If you find its not the coolant temp sender, try the camshaft and crank sensor. I only say this as ive had it on 2 cars(omega and e55 amg) where it was fine starting cold but could take 20 mins to start if the car was warm.

Joell

Oct 21, 2013
Careful of those cheaper sensors mate, just got one for mine and it lasted about 2 days before the fault came back. Going to get a genuine seat one next.

joetan1

Right so thankyou for all the help. I've just changed the coolant temp sensor which I purchased from tps. Fingers crossed it works. I'll post on here in a few day let you know how I get on

Again thanks for the help

joetan1

It was a little more expensive at £40.89 but it's a genuine vw part

Joell

Oct 21, 2013
I've just replaced mine with a cheaper one again. Last time, I'll get a Seat one after if this doesn't work.