HELP NEEDED Fan and heating problems

Lilcyd

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum only just bought an seat leon cupra mk1 02 plate pre facelift. It came with fsh and had major service only 3k miles ago drives like a dream I love it so happy I made the buy! However today after driving about 50 miles I parked up outside my mums and had to sit in the car for about 15 minutes as she was not home after about 5 minutes the temp gauge started to slow rise from 90 and continued to rise I was expecting the fans to kick in which they didn't so left for a bit long until it got to the line before the red still expecting the fans to kick in, still nothing so I turned the car off. After dinner I drove home another 50 miles back parked up and left it for 10 minutes no overheating just sat at the 90 with no problems, could somebody please help me with this issue as this is my first seat cupra I don't want to take it to a garage and get ripped off. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilcyd

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum only just bought an seat leon cupra mk1 02 plate pre facelift. It came with fsh and had major service only 3k miles ago drives like a dream I love it so happy I made the buy! However today after driving about 50 miles I parked up outside my mums and had to sit in the car for about 15 minutes as she was not home after about 5 minutes the temp gauge started to slow rise from 90 and continued to rise I was expecting the fans to kick in which they didn't so left for a bit long until it got to the line before the red still expecting the fans to kick in, still nothing so I turned the car off. After dinner I drove home another 50 miles back parked up and left it for 10 minutes no overheating just sat at the 90 with no problems, could somebody please help me with this issue as this is my first seat cupra I don't want to take it to a garage and get ripped off. Thanks in advance.

Really need some help with this I love in the Basingstoke area. PLEASE GUYS

R1TCH1E

Apr 1, 2013
Worcester
Ive never had it done pal so couldnt say for sure but i wouldnt imagine it was expensive to replace. Type in google leon cupra thermostat issue and should get some info on it. Im sure someone will come along whos had the same issue and will point you in the right direction.

westie309

Sep 29, 2007
Walsall west mids
If the fans aren't kicking in mate check the plugs to the fan aren't corroded,fuses, relay and I think there are also resistors for the fans that people have trouble with. Get the fans working first off and that should solve your problems.

waynedunn1234

Aug 23, 2013
If the fans aren't kicking in mate check the plugs to the fan aren't corroded,fuses, relay and I think there are also resistors for the fans that people have trouble with. Get the fans working first off and that should solve your problems.

tottaly agree mate. start with the simple and free problems first and if still no joy then resort to stat or coolant temp sensor

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members