MK3 New Leon? SEAT SOUND ? options?

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I'm on 18s and have no rattles or squeeks at all never had any on my MK2 either just remember people mostly post problems on forums those without issues have no reason too

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Test drove a new Cupra 280 today which had the SEAT Sound option fitted. Turned it up VERY loud and sounded crystal clear and a bargain for the price so put that straight on the order form.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
It wasn't on my list of must haves and hadn't heard it prior to getting the car but now am so glad it was in the one I chose

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
Does anyone know who is the manufacturer of the Soundsystem?

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
I have read that it is actually the same as the Dynaudio sound system you get in VW and Audi's concert system, and that they are both made by BOSE but don't allow they're branding to be used. How true this is though I do not know but having listened to one yesterday I was very impressed and it was excellent quality for the price. On a par with my Bose sound system at home.

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
I have read on another board that the control unit in the glove box is made by Panasonic. I wonder if also the speakers are from Panasonic.
I was also told by the dealer that speakers are made by Sony.
I personally doubt it's Bose but who knows.

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Sounds good for the price regardless of who makes it and would certainly recommend it if you like listen to music in your car at any reasonable volume.

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
I've got the sound pack and am really pleased I went for it. Good quality sound with decent bass but not overkill. Haven't noticed any issues with the door cards yet but haven't had it at full whack!

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
I think the door card rattles and quality of the SeatSound are seperate issues.. Rattles made by the audio do not mean the audio is rubbish.. it means something isn't secure. The sound can only be graded by clarity/loudness/distortion etc (unless of course the rattles are physical parts of the audio system.. or the rattles are caused exclusively by audio vibration)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I would definitely recommend the SEAT sound if budget allows for it. Like others have said the sound is very clear with nice punchy bass, I would definitely spec it again.

With regards to rattling, not noticed any whatsoever and had the car just over 2 months. If I did have rattles in the car I don't think I would hear it as I would be enjoying the SEAT Sound too much lol ;)

bennythegooner

I have the standard sound system and It's better than any standard fit in any car I've driven. A mate of mine has the B&O system in a 2013 Audi S5 convertible and we both say the Seat sound, both Clarity and Bass Punch, is better! :D

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
I have the standard sound system and It's better than any standard fit in any car I've driven. A mate of mine has the B&O system in a 2013 Audi S5 convertible and we both say the Seat sound, both Clarity and Bass Punch, is better! :D

Nice. Can't wait to have a listen when I finally get mine.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Rydale13

Apr 20, 2014
From my perspective, I don't think the upgrade is all that and I LOVE my audio. I invested heavily in my domestic audio to get the perfect sound, so I like to think I know what 'good' sounds like.

I was fortunate enough to bring my own CD to the dealer and they had a Leon with and without the optional sound pack.

In my eyes at least, there's not a huge amount of difference.

If there was a difference, the bass was helped just a tad but that's about it. Mid range and treble unaffected.

Put it this way, if you played a track back to back from one to the other blind tested, you'd be hard telling which one had the upgrade. You'd just think they had slightly different EQ setups rather than additional speakers / more power.

That's not to say the optional kit is bad, it's just the standard set up really is that good!

Buckets of bass in the standard kit and after playing Justin Timberlake's Don't Hold The Wall, none of the low frequencies suffered or were snuffed out with the standard kit.

To give you guys an comparison, audio quality in the mk6 Golf was good, this is a step above and that's saying something!

Then again at a tad over £300 for the upgrade...?

Plus I wonder if the bass performance from the sub would suffer once the boot was filled with 12kg of buggy? (Mine is)

Mar 13, 2011
From my perspective, I don't think the upgrade is all that and I LOVE my audio. I invested heavily in my domestic audio to get the perfect sound, so I like to think I know what 'good' sounds like.

I was fortunate enough to bring my own CD to the dealer and they had a Leon with and without the optional sound pack.

In my eyes at least, there's not a huge amount of difference.

If there was a difference, the bass was helped just a tad but that's about it. Mid range and treble unaffected.

Put it this way, if you played a track back to back from one to the other blind tested, you'd be hard telling which one had the upgrade. You'd just think they had slightly different EQ setups rather than additional speakers / more power.

That's not to say the optional kit is bad, it's just the standard set up really is that good!

Buckets of bass in the standard kit and after playing Justin Timberlake's Don't Hold The Wall, none of the low frequencies suffered or were snuffed out with the standard kit.

To give you guys an comparison, audio quality in the mk6 Golf was good, this is a step above and that's saying something!

Then again at a tad over £300 for the upgrade...?

Plus I wonder if the bass performance from the sub would suffer once the boot was filled with 12kg of buggy? (Mine is)

Not done a back to back with Seat sound and non Seat sound in a Mk3 like you have. What I can tell you is the Seat sound is light years ahead of the standard Mk2 sound system.

I'm really pleased with it and glad I spec'd the upgraded sound.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I reckon the one you tested wasn't set up currently once you have played with the settings the difference is obvious!

I tested both at the media days and it was night and day, Hence why I have paid for the upgrade

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I reckon the one you tested wasn't set up currently once you have played with the settings the difference is obvious!

I tested both at the media days and it was night and day, Hence why I have paid for the upgrade

Can you remember how the EQ was set up with the SEAT Sound systems you used at the media days. I would be interested to see how they were set up, in case I can get my system sounding even better. Cheers Andrew :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise