My annoyance list after first week of ownership

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
On the whole, really really like the car by a few things really annoy.
1. Washer jets (not fan)
2. Heated door mirror switch, should be integrated with heated rear screen switch
3. No seat belt height adjust
4. I thought CD slot under SAT NAV screen, but its in glove box, so not possible to change CD while driving(im guessing CD's are considered old !!!)

Anyone else in agreement.

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Agree with the washer jets. I'm going to buy some fan ones off eBay. And never even tried moving the seat belt height. I thought the same thing about the cd slot but I barely use it anyway. I mostly use DAB or my iPod

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
To be honest, the only one that I can imagine bothering me is the media inputs being in the glovebox, (but I haven't got my Leon yet, I'm still waiting so that might change!) Its not exactly the most dignified thing to have to ask your passenger to move their legs and then lean over them to plug in your iPod or change a CD. Meanwhile the cubby hole at the bottom of the dash remains curiously devoid of any inputs! Definitely a missed opportunity there, as all it would have taken is a USB input. Mere pence during manufacture.

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
What does annoy me is that the cup holders should of been made a bit deeper. They're fine for small cans but once you get a bottle in there or a McDonald's drink I have to lift my arm off the arm rest and sort of hover over the drinks when changing gear.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I have 500 albums on a SD card in the unit. Why would anyone need to use a CD or even connect an iPhone /iPod?

Because personally, I find SD cards too small, too fiddly, and too damn easy to mislay. Lol.

Maybe just me. Also, can't be bothered moving all my music now it's on the iPod I'd rather it just stay there.

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
I have 500 albums on a SD card in the unit. Why would anyone need to use a CD or even connect an iPhone /iPod?
^ This. £10 for a fast 32GB SD Card. All of the music that we own as a family takes up less than 25GB (approx. 4000 tracks).

The iPod link in our Golf is awful. MP3s played off data CDs sound much better.

Last edited:

tardis56

I have 210GB, 4600 albums and 54000 tracks - I need a USB HDD!!
BTW, if anyone is interested I'm flogging the whole lot as i have weeded out the stuff I like on to another HDD. Massive amount on there.....PM me

Last edited:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
To be honest, the only one that I can imagine bothering me is the media inputs being in the glovebox, (but I haven't got my Leon yet, I'm still waiting so that might change!) Its not exactly the most dignified thing to have to ask your passenger to move their legs and then lean over them to plug in your iPod or change a CD. Meanwhile the cubby hole at the bottom of the dash remains curiously devoid of any inputs! Definitely a missed opportunity there, as all it would have taken is a USB input. Mere pence during manufacture.

On the MK7 golf, the media input is in that little cubby hole thing below the heater controls.

The problem is , you plug your iphone/pod/magic music box in, and then close the door, and the cable gets caught on the mechanism, making the door impossible to open again. :banghead2

I would have liked bigger cup holders, with a little rubber mat in the bottom, and a nice sliding cover on top (a la Golf). As it is, they're a bit 'scratchy' and a dust trap. They also won't hold a standard bottle of wine. Not that I drive around with a bottle of wine on the go of course!! :D

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
That's a very good point Bubbs. Hadn't thought of that. But then the ST doesn't have the flap, so wouldn't suffer that particular issue. I'd probably just leave the iPod there on display for all to see anyway, knowing what my memory is like! Probably just as well its not there really, haha.

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and overcome my fear of SD cards.

As to the cupholders, my Volvo had a lovely sliding cover on it too, would have been nice to see something similar, it does finish it off nicely.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
What does annoy me is that the cup holders should of been made a bit deeper. They're fine for small cans but once you get a bottle in there or a McDonald's drink I have to lift my arm off the arm rest and sort of hover over the drinks when changing gear.

This!

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I think you get a low washer fluid level light if you have headlamp washers, not sure about the others though.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
It stays in the SD card slot - how on earth can you mislay it?

It only stays in the slot once it has my music on it. And believe me, I will find a way to lose it between the computer and the car! I once lost a sim card for my phone during the 5 seconds between removing it from the pack and inserting it into the phone. If there's even the slightest chance something can be lost, I WILL lose it. :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.