Bye Bye Ibiza

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I've had the FR (picture below) for eleven months.

Ibiza_08_zps0bcbfa70.jpg

In that time I have had no issues with the car at all. It has the 1.2 Tsi engine which is a fantastic unit and basically has done everything I have asked of it. I had every intention of keeping it three years...........BUT

I made the mistake of taking a test drive in one of these about two weeks ago.......

Cupra_280_001_zps429887ed.jpg

I thought I had the Hot Hatch thing out of my system, it is four years since I sold my Mk1 LCR and was quite happy with the "sensible" Ibiza but I defy anyone to drive the new Leon Cupra 280 and not be impressed.

I held out for two weeks but It had to be done and yesterday I ordered the Leon. Twelve weeks to wait, which will be painful but but worth it :D

That said I will miss the Ibiza, it is for the money probably one of the best small cars around and I would certainly recommend one and if anyone is looking for a year old low mileage example in very good condition, mine will be part exchanged at Western Seat Newcastle in the next twelve weeks ;)

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
We are a bit of a Seat family, this will be my fourth and my wife has had three Ibizas. One of my nephews is currently driving a Mk1 LCR 225 but that will be for sale soon as he has ordered a Cupra 280 as well. Another nephew is on his second Mk2 Leon FR 2.0 Tdi.

So yes, you can't question our brand loyalty :D