Oil smell inside car when driving.

STUARTY-B

May 25, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland.

Thanks for the input and taking the time to put the links up but am kinda new to all this modding stuff and would probably need someone to do this for me or help me at the least,will defo have a good read through them,thanks again m8

ScottyBoi

Leon Cupra 180bhp
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Hi all,

I have a similar problem to this, when I've been driving a while I can pull up lift bonnet and I can see like a mist of smoke and a smell to hot oil.. I looked under the ace other day and noticed the oil was coming from around the intercooler pipe.. Is this normal for oil to be inside there? I can't see it coming from anywhere else...

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
PCV system vents crank / cams back into your turbo intake pipe, so you end up with oily vapours all the way through your air intake system (including intercooler pipes). Oil supposedly reduces octane of fuel so this is not seen as a good thing, hence why a lot of people do PCV delete - solves problem of leaky pipe work and also reduces oil in air intake.

If you've done PCV delete to vent to atmosphere and still see oil it's likely to be leaking out your turbo.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.