HELP!! 1.6s in serious need of help!!

JamieJay

hi!

:help: I have been having a issue for over a month now and i couldn't find the problem so i threw in the towel and took it to 3 different garages now and nobody can tell me what is wrong with it!!!!. it will turn on but will NOT go over 2000rpm, it started out as a flat spot between 3500-4500 and gradually got worse, changed all the filters, on OBD it changes the fault code every time, its had a new lambda bank 1, map sensor, crank sensor and now nothings coming up, cleaned egr and opened it with vag com all running corretly and no blockages in the out let to the throttle body, no vac leaks anywhere either. but it is STILL not F***ing running?

i read something about a faulty brake switch? causing epc light which i have had, but i don't see how that can cause my car to be doing this? :think:

i imagine its an electrical fault but i cant find it, and the garages are useless around here :handbags: i have told them what it isn't but still they waste time to tell me what i already know

anyone had similar issues i am at my wits end :cry: , i am completely stuck without my car and can't afford to sell it for something else as i am an apprentice on very poor wage

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP, anyone near/in Anglesey/North wales that could help?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

JamieJay

hi thanks for the reply, yes even when stationary it is limiting itself and missing around 2000-2500, but its completely fine on idle :think:

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
my 1.6 was a bitch, EGR valve caused all the idle problems car died on an island once lost power steering servo brakes etc... stopped it from starting so check that area again also throttle body clean out, hit it with carb cleaner and see if it ups the rev range when at 2k have a mate squirt it and may lead to fuel issue?

quick answer was good bye 1.6 hello LCR :)

good luck

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise