Fitting a 3" downpipe

jase125

Nov 16, 2013
A mate of mine said i have to drop the subframe out on my leon cupra to fit the 3"in downpipe?! Is he right or wrong? Cheers.

Bigandbald

Downpipe

I have a 3" relentless downpipe and 200 cell sports cat to fit to my LCR on a ramp, I've had it for months and have been putting it off, but my standard downpipe has split and is getting on my nerves now.
Do I need to drop the subframe off or not?
I've ordered new turbo studs/nuts and gasket just in case.

Bigandbald

Hmmm I think ill drop the subframe down on the bolts and see what happens. Fun job but hopefully worth it afterwards. I'm gonna be really upset if it rubs and vibrates.

maddox

Aug 25, 2011
Glasgow
Hmmm I think ill drop the subframe down on the bolts and see what happens. Fun job but hopefully worth it afterwards. I'm gonna be really upset if it rubs and vibrates.

Thread highjack, how did you get on with the downpipe mate? Fitting a full milltek system today and thats the bit i'm nervous about, did you drop the sub frame?

jase125

Nov 16, 2013
I dindnt have to drop the subframe! Just put it on from underneath not through the top

maddox

Aug 25, 2011
Glasgow
Yeah never touched the subframe! Turbo back milltek is in and sounds great!! Not too loud even though its de cat and non res!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise