First Service on Exeo Sport Tech 170

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Hey,

Well the time has come, it's reached 19k miles and is in need of its first service, (this will be classed as a 2nd service as it's on longlife) the other half has taken it in as I'm working.

I've had the car since November on 12k, I think what I'm going to do is change the oil myself in between services.

Do any of you do this? What oil should I be using in the 2.0TDi CR 170 Engine?

Cheers

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
Mine has now passed 52K, and that is exactly what I have done. It was at 31K when I collected it from Dales having just had a service prior to sale. I changed the oil at 42K and was pleased at how fresh it still looked.

Had its service at 51K with Dales a couple of weeks ago, oil change again.

In terms of the oil to use, I went by the drivers manual.

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah I'm going to do it...

Great, so got a phone call saying car is done however it needs a whole new steering rack and column...they've put the claim through, ordered the bits and will ring me when they are in to book it in...top service.

I like to keep it scratch free and like to wax it etc so asked them not to wash it and they've listened to that too.

I've heard bad stories from people before but Dales in Summercourt have been brilliant and effortless with us so far :)

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
I use Scorrier, and have nothing but praise.

Used them on the Renault side when I had a RenaultSport Megane and then a Megane Tourer GT and they provided the best service. Much better than when I had various VW's and the complete opposite to Ocean BMW who always made me feel my 320d MSport was offending them!

Put it this way Dales impressed me enough when I was a company car driver, that when I was in a position to have a car allowance and by a car, they had my business.

Last edited:

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Really good to know that :)

I've previously had good service form Hawkins Peugeot in St Stephens when I had a 207 GTi and they sorted warranty issues and stuff out brilliantly, even when the car wasn't in warranty any more!

Happy to know somebody that has had great service from Dales :)

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Hi Asonda,

what's wrong with the steering rack and col ?

Hey,

I don't know they never gave my missus any details. It's being done under warranty so I haven't questioned it.

Apparently the racks on these are prone to problems, leaking etc same as the Audi..

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
Mine had a leaking steering rack not long after I bought it, so around 5k miles ish. Surprised you didn't notice the fluid level dropping, unless it wasn't such a bad leak

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
Thinking about it I had a similar issue repaired under warranty, but mine was the power steering pump that had a failed seal and was leaking fluid.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise