Nevada White paint with black alloys

MikeJFR

Apr 7, 2014
North London
Hi, I'm thinking of getting the (18" performance) alloys on my Nevada White leon powder coated black. Has anyone already down this and if so could they post a pic? Can anyone also comment on the durability of powder coating. Obviously this depends in the quality of the job, just after general observations. I assume kerbed marks will be more visible.

Cheers
Mike

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
Hi Mike. Deanc on forum got his alloys painted or coated different colour not black though think grey. I would put a link up but not sure how to do it. I'm sure if you do search you could find it. Surprised deanc hasn't seen this post and replied, maybe on holiday.

tardis56

Did this to mine -
IMG_6753.JPG

or see the full set (with my old car, sorry). http://www.create-it.co.uk/m18eut/leon_fr1.htm

Last edited:

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I've ordered my car through Listers in Coventry, and have seen this one while I've been there. It looks a lot better in the metal than in the pics. Even though the pics are quite good, they still don't really do it justice. Its a cracking little car up close.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Wouldn't touch listers cov with a barge pole sold me two ibiza cupras that apparently had been through the checks drove one out after collecting it engine siezed on m5 on way home no oil they replaced it with another one from them discs and pads was shot apprantly they was changed but was grinding after 75 miles engine kept misfiring running on 3 cylinders in the end they just let me pick a car out stock after I spoke seat uk there customore service is very poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Each to their own but love my Nevada white + 18s just the way they are, such a good looking car! Think the black takes something away rather than adds... Reckon they might look ok on the Lima green version perhaps..

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Wouldn't touch listers cov with a barge pole sold me two ibiza cupras that apparently had been through the checks drove one out after collecting it engine siezed on m5 on way home no oil they replaced it with another one from them discs and pads was shot apprantly they was changed but was grinding after 75 miles engine kept misfiring running on 3 cylinders in the end they just let me pick a car out stock after I spoke seat uk there customore service is very poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do seem to have a complete bunch of knobs working there. The only guy in the dealership who seems to have a clue what he's doing is Steve Hemmings, who I have to say has so far been great, except for asking me to wait even longer for delivery since he's on holiday while I'm due to collect... The rest of them seem to have begun their lives in a pond. While I was there the first time I witnessed one of them using a credit card to remove some bird lime from a demonstrator they had sat outside... I have used them to supply my car, but believe me they will be going nowhere near it once I've collected it. If I'd realised just how bad they were before I'd ordered I'd have gone elsewhere... It has been a very nervous wait, and I don't think I'll be able to put my mind at rest until I have the keys in my hand and I know there are no problems. Its a shame isn't it that there is no real way to know how good your local dealer is until you've experienced (or suffered!) their service skills!

Still, time will tell... :think:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.