what have you done to your car today ?

KatPhlap

Apr 12, 2014
Suffolk
Filled her up and put on the front splitter :) .... And failed to get the washer bottle out to replace :(

Last edited:

MattG90

Mar 4, 2014
Got my wheels sprayed yesterday but I don't like the colour :-( lol
So theyre coming again next week and getting them sprayed again haha

westie309

Sep 29, 2007
Walsall west mids
New wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
una3udat.jpg

Last edited:

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Let it run out of fuel. The fuel gauge was a good few mil off 0.... Standing by the side of an A road was not a good look. Thank god I weren't far from home and got a lift off a mate to the petrol station I way on the way to.

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
May I ask how come, How long did it take ? I've gotta do mine soon, I asked a garage for a quote and they told me £80 quid :blink:

Took me about 2 hours mate. Did an hour yesterday night and finished it this morning.

It's not a difficult job, it's just messy.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Got my replacement AUQ lump on Monday, £350 with 78k, pulled sump of to check pick up pipe, partially blocked, so replaced it, fitted new oil pump aswell, got it for my old engine but that was scrap,

Also fitted new timing belt kit, waterpump, thermostat, gonna use the bank holiday tomorrow and put all the ancillaries back on,
Then Saturday stick it back in the car, wire and plumb it in, then back on the road

I discovered my bottom end was shot 2 weeks ago, I'd been getting the low oil pressure warning coming on every now and again, so went to replace the pick up pipe, when I took the sump off, the thrust washers were sat on the bottom and the main bearings were all scoured on the sides where the crank had been moving side to side,

About 6 weeks ago I fitted a solid flywheel so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was on the way out before, had 97k on the old motor with full service history

I'm having a dilemma if to use my new £370 solid flywheel kit on my replacement engine, or shell out for a duel mass

Has anybody else experienced this with a solid flywheel????

Not had any issues after running a Helix SMF for the last 7+ years - more likely your low oil pressure did the damage. The warning light is crap as by the time it wakes up you're already in a probable damage situation.

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
Not had any issues after running a Helix SMF for the last 7+ years - more likely your low oil pressure did the damage. The warning light is crap as by the time it wakes up you're already in a probable damage situation.

Got all the engine built up today, there's just a few bits and bobs to do before I stick it back in, mainly the wiring loom, it was a pain getting it off so probably be a nightmare putting it back on,, I need a new dip stick tube now, aswell, I broke it taking it off the old engine,

Also fitted a t piece on the oil filter housing, with sender, I'm gonna run a oil pressure gauge now, also one on my crankcase breather pipes is split, I've heard there is a guide some where on here where you can bypass all the messy pipes??

supa_sam

Black n yellow says hello
Feb 24, 2013
Leeds
REMAP!!!

Things got off to a bad start when they found a split pipe under the inlet Mani but they managed to bodge it up enough to map it, considering the restrictive exhaust it still made a respectable 253bhp 290lbsf

Now I have a 100 mile drive back home to enjoy it :D

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
After test fitting and failing with a GTB1756vk (too much driveshaft interference) I pulled it back out of the car and am putting it up for sale!

Check the for sale section soon ;)

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
Got my wheels sprayed yesterday but I don't like the colour :-( lol
So theyre coming again next week and getting them sprayed again haha

Who's doing your wheels and how much? Did you have to get any kirb marks sorted?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
REMAP!!!

Things got off to a bad start when they found a split pipe under the inlet Mani but they managed to bodge it up enough to map it, considering the restrictive exhaust it still made a respectable 253bhp 290lbsf

Now I have a 100 mile drive back home to enjoy it :D

How much better is the performance now?
Was you car standard before the remap?
Is the standard exhaust that bad? Or does it need a decat to fee up more power?
I'm hoping to get my LCR remapped next month but didn't know if to get a better exhaust or not but I don't really want the bother of decatting as it causes mot problems. I do have a badger 5 tip and induction kit so that might improve the amount of power increase.

supa_sam

Black n yellow says hello
Feb 24, 2013
Leeds
How much better is the performance now?
Was you car standard before the remap?
Is the standard exhaust that bad? Or does it need a decat to fee up more power?
I'm hoping to get my LCR remapped next month but didn't know if to get a better exhaust or not but I don't really want the bother of decatting as it causes mot problems. I do have a badger 5 tip and induction kit so that might improve the amount of power increase.

not standard no, open cone, silicon tip, n249 bypass.
my exhaust is a funny little setup; stock downpipe - scorpion decat pipe with 200cell cat welded in - standard centre section - custom jobbie cheapo back box (needed for my m.o.t)

the tuner says its the shi**t back box that is restricting a lot of flow and limiting the power,
it made 202bhp on its first run before finally topping out at 253 so its a gain of 51 horse!

the difference is night and day mate, anyone on here will tell you that, torque that pins you into your seat and i even had a little wheelspin in 3rd gear lol - decat at your own risk for mot and insurance reasons

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I got the console of a guy on here, paid £160 for everything in mint condition, and bought the head unit yesterday for £170 yesterday. There is someone selling a console minus fascia on Facebook, leon owners club for £110 posted and the fascia is roughly £20 from stealers.

Sent from my iPhone

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.