bodgers

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
why oh why do people bodge jobs on cars, the exhaust on mine has previously had a powerflow system its is cut and bodged together im suprised its working, so now the decat pipe i got wont fit anyhing properly what systems do you guys use, im not looking to do anything to the motor really its fine as it is for my needs,just shocked at the mess underneath

2003 lc180

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Most people bodge things because they work on the car at the weekend and nothings open and besides even if shops were open they rarely have what you need so it's easier to use a temp fix until they can be bothered to work on the car again

If it works why worry :)

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
Lol why worry I worry I love my motor but I'm finding bodge after bodge but at least it will be 100% when I'm done

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Cupra:Dan

Please be gentle
Jan 13, 2013
Bradford , West Yorkshire
cant be as bad as the bodge I found on my dipstick tube/holder!(for the sake of £15quid and about 10mins in labour jeeze!!) wrapped in gaffer tape and the SAI pipes held together with what looked like a full bag of cable ties haha!

waynedunn1234

Aug 23, 2013
bodges all i see at work. fixing other peoples/garages **** ups is the worst thing. Tbh i have no idea why people do it if your gonna do a job do it right or not at all

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
I've come across a few bodgers on my LCR but it's like Ryan said, people do it as a 'temp fix' and then never get round to fixing it properly.

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Has anyone found the baked bean can cut open and clamped around the exhaust to cover a blow?

That's the worst I've seen on one of my cars :)

My thoughts are that truth be told, we're not driving new cars so you've pretty much always likely to find niggles / things that have been bodged

I've got plenty of little things wrong with the car but there's no point worrying about it considering the price I paid and they're fairly easy to repair anyway :)

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
Lol bean can, my entire pcv system is gaffa tape a mates dipstick tube was a bit of garden Hose lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.