Increasing my power - Seat Leon 1.6 2006

alexbeyv

How much is it to insure the 1.6 with the extended list of modifications? Can't only be £2k. And if you don't insure the mods you're really driving round with no insurance... :)

Crazy world we live in. Just checked again for FR and it's only £2.3k - it was £4k 3 months ago. Buying FR moment I can see this, will post pics! Recommended places to sell?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Is this fully comp? Tried adding parents/older people as named drivers to reduce the premium. Also put a higher voluntary excess on too, you'll only pay the excess if you crash, but you have to pay the premium ;)

alexbeyv

Is this fully comp? Tried adding parents/older people as named drivers to reduce the premium. Also put a higher voluntary excess on too, you'll only pay the excess if you crash, but you have to pay the premium ;)

Yes added Mum and Dad onto there and £500 excess ... Quick question you may be able to help me with me bud, I have my insurance through Premium Credit (paying monthly). How does this work with starting a new insurance agreement? Remaining payment wise...

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yes added Mum and Dad onto there and £500 excess ... Quick question you may be able to help me with me bud, I have my insurance through Premium Credit (paying monthly). How does this work with starting a new insurance agreement? Remaining payment wise...

Not sure to be honest. Usually if you cancel an insurance policy you'll get back however remaining full months you have, minus an admin fee. So you'll probably have to pay a small amount to get out of it.

If you can afford to pay in full you'll find it's a lot cheaper than financing it!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
The monthly payments are obviously higher but most people don't have a spare £2k laying about, so it's not really a choice for a lot of people.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Look into a 55/06 Plate TFSI Sport also, same engine as FR TFSI, but may be cheaper?

alexbeyv

And I think you've mis read what the OP said mate, it's 2k if he pays monthly, will probs be closer to 1300 if he pays up front

Insurance is £2.3k paying upfront and £2.6k paying over 12 months. Personal preference but I'd much rather pay slightly more and pay over the term, than part with £2.3k cash for insurance!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'd rather get a 0% credit card if that's the case.

It's a good way around it, truth is though not everybody has the credit rating to be able to get one.
I've applied for things in the past with an immaculate credit rating and been turned down.

alexbeyv

It's a good way around it, truth is though not everybody has the credit rating to be able to get one.
I've applied for things in the past with an immaculate credit rating and been turned down.

As I said in my reply above, the extra £300 per annum (£2.3k to £2.6K) can be justified to pay over 12 months.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'm sure it can, but the point Betty was trying make was, why not get a 0% card if you can, still pay it over 12 months and save yourself 300 in extra payments in the process.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I've paid monthly a couple of times, the extra has rarely been more than about £150 of the one off cost (obviously depends how much it is and the rate charged but it's not usually too bad.)

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I have always paid upfront, highest premium was my first in 2007, £900 fully comp with 20k business miles. How times have changed...

It used to be the case that it was cheaper to get a loan than pay montly, but now the difference isn't so great. Would have been about 30quid more over the year.

I would just stick with 1.6 for a year (unmodified) and when you get some NCB behind you, insurance won't be so much of a problem. You got the car now, might as well enjoy it!

Don't worry about having loads of power yet either, my first car had 68bhp and was loads of fun. Used everyone of those horses all of the time and my license remained intact.