Quickest MK2 Cupra - who has it and how much power?

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
IMHO Stg 2+ is the sensible limit for a FWD Cupra chassis and as already stated there will be sod all difference between 95% of the 2+ ones if variables such as driver, RR and atmospherics were removed.

I too am very interested to see these AWD beasts developing and would love to undertake such a build in the future. ;)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I have to say that if I was to have that kind of money to throw around for a 4wd conversion I'd do the easiest and cheapest thing and buy an S3 then spend the rest making it a proper weapon.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
But it would just be another S3... What Michael and Dan have is something others don't have

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Spot on Andrew.

Plus I don't have money for a new(er) car and ive already spent £15,000+ on modding this one over the last 8 years ;)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
But it would just be another S3... What Michael and Dan have is something others don't have

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's fair enough but your talking £20k+ just to have the work done with all the mods and that's not including the price of the actual car.

A New Cupra R was what, £22kish then £15-£20k for the all the work. That's Nissan GTR money.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Don't get me wrong, the work that's gone into this is just amazing but the overall money, for me at least would be better spent on something like the above. Just my opinion tho.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Yes, for most people, modding a car to that extent is just not worth it, even if it is unique.

I bought the car brand new for 16k, 8 years ago, so its a commitment. Im keeping the car longer than 95% of people keep cars for.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I'll have to wait till Blyton Park instead. ;)

I don't get why you're so bothered, it's not like its a direct comparison :confused:

Fair enough if you wanted to compare a stage 2+ ED30 to a Stage 2+ cupra then I would understand, but yours is Stage 3 and AWD lol

Would be like trying to compare your car to a supercharged M3

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
It's just a bit of banter Betty. [B)]

Initially I just wanted to see how many stage 3 Leon's were out there.

Hmmm, supercharged M3.......

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members