Open cone air filter WOOSH

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
Hi guys, so I'm after a cheap way to make the WOOSH turbo sound more noticable. One of the things I am going to do is seal the scuttle and take off that mouldy bonnet lining i've got. Also, I've been reading on here about people having open cone air filters (Jedex has got good reviews) and is very cheap, so i'm after this.

Only problem is, I dont know how to change from the OEM setup to this. Also, theres mentions about the need for a cold air intake, how do I obtain this?

Thanks!

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
There is a cheaper alternative, you can get the forge dump valve spacer which will give you the same noise. Might be worth looking into what you'd prefer, I'd check on here and see if anyone has had problems with engine lights coming on before you go ahead with it though, I'm pretty sure it will be fine :)

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
That will only make the noise on throttle lift off as that's when the valve opens. If you want the turbo whistle and noise I'd probably go down the induction kit route as you get both :)

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
brill thanks, just out of curiosity, how much would it be for a dump valve spacer set up?

also, how do I go about obtaining a cold air intake?

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Last time I looked think it was around the £60 mark for the forge one, and the induction kits range from about £145 right up to about £400. Depends on brand most popular ones seem to be the Revo and ITG. I've just ordered myself a neuspeed p-flo one for £230!

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Does the DV spacer fit on FR's due to it having a K03 turbo and the DV being built into the turbo rather than being on the other side of the engine on a K04?

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
As long as it's the same solenoid bolted to the turbo it should still fit. The k04's as you said just have it in a different location but should essentially be the same fitment. I can double check but might be worth asking forge on here

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.