2010 speed blue MK2 Leon Cupra Stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I got round to fitting my THS FR3 top mounts the other day. There is slight vibration in the cabin and more engine noise, nothing bad at all.
I imagine there will be a little more noise and vibration with the torque mount.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I got round to fitting my THS FR3 top mounts the other day. There is slight vibration in the cabin and more engine noise, nothing bad at all.
I imagine there will be a little more noise and vibration with the torque mount.

Does driving feel better though? Or you not given it a proper go yet?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
That's it booked in for next week to have new rear pads and the full THS engine mount kit fitted. I'm not expecting much but I hope to be surprised lol.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Well I dropped the car of this afternoon to have the mounts and a few other things done and there's been a bit of a hiccup.

The progress pics

Then the problem rears its ugly head

The previous guy who worked on it has either over tightened the bolts or cross threaded them. Not ideal. Luckily my mechanic has managed to get new helicoils in both holes so all is well :D

Pick it up tomorrow so I'll post up how it feels out on the road.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
The previous guy who worked on it has either over tightened the bolts or cross threaded them. Not ideal. Luckily my mechanic has managed to get new helicoils in both holes so all is well :D

Pick it up tomorrow so I'll post up how it feels out on the road.

Lol what an absolute nacker

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
£170 to my door for the full set :D

Bought the 2 top mounts off Smee on here in superb condition and the subframe mounts brand new off a lad on Instagram that he didn't fit due to selling the car. Result.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Ok now this update is a strange one so bear with me. I picked the car up at 5 tonight and the first thing I noticed when starting it was the very slight increase in cabin noise on tick over. No where near as bad as I thought it would be. On the move however it gets a bit iffy. The "feel" of the car is different, there isn't as much incar noise when under load which is very strange, it doesn't feel as raucous if you get my meaning. The road was soaking so couldn't really boot it but I noticed the car was way down in power and realised that was due to the battery being disconnected and resetting the Revo settings to standard. I popped in the SPS and turned the settings back up but its just not feeling as quick. I've no idea if that's down to the fact the engines more stable under load lol. Anyways, once it dries up and I give it a better drive I'll report back and see if its just all in my head.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I have the VWR ones, which are known to be quite stiff, and yes I get loads of extra noise and vibration in the cabin. Dont like it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.