door seals starting to go/perish??

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
my cars an 08 had it since new. i'm pretty sure i never used to hear wind noise around door seal areas (the sort of noise you hear when driving 50+ and a window ain't quite shut) but over past months i'm hearing it from almost every door. driving home from a work thing today on motorway doing 70ish and you'd swear the window on each door was maybe down 1-2mm but they weren't.

can the seals start to lose their effectiveness over time in terms of keeping interior sealed? if yes what seals is it that will need attention, the ones that lip over the door when closed or the interior ones?

or do you think it's prob always done it and i've just never noticed :confused:

Last edited:

LeonES

Jun 7, 2011
I'm surprised you can hear it over the road noise, that was the ONLY thing I didn't like about my FR, fookin tyre roar.

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
This has happened with the other halfs Ibiza and is happening with my FR... I can hear wind and when it rains, I can hear water dropping behind the seal

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
i'll prob live with it til next service and mention it ... 'hopefully' they'll do something and not just say 'wear & tear' meaning i'd have to buy new seals :(