Best product for black trim

mill5y

Jun 17, 2012
sheffield
For us mk1 owners who are nit blessed with colour coded bumpers, bump strips etc... every aerosol product iv used has covered the door in black crap afyer a couple of days and with the rain showers it soon runs down the door/bumper dries then traps dust... car covered in black streaks.

So what do you use??

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Try spraying it on a cloth first then apply with cloth this will avoid over spray and stop you putting so much on but im using autoglym vinyl and rubber care at the moment which seems ok

yashdutt

black shoe polish that comes in a tin

works wonders on black trim and to keep your tyres looking new

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
Diamond bright jewel ultra vinyl and rubber treatment. On with cloth then buff off, works great and lasts

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
Believe it or not, Halfords Cycle Maintenance Spray is the best product I've ever found for the black plastic trims on the car. Spray it on a microfibre cloth and bob's yer uncle. No glossy streaks, no residue.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Gtechniq C4, not cheap but I applied it in like July last year and it still looks great! Gtechniq T1 (I think, its called tyre and trim gel) is more like a normal trim gel is also very good if you dont want to use the C4.

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
This stuff: http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/in...ts/berry-blast-endurance-trim-tyre-gel-1.html
It's for anything black, it doesn't bleed and protects anything black wether it be metal, rubber or plastic, I love it. It's worth £12, £6 is a bargain and they offer 15% to their forum members so get signed up. Their products so far are blowing me away, I've spent a few hundred quid with them over the last month and I'm very, very happy ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise