what have you done to your car today ?

Roohul

Jun 22, 2010
Romford, Essex
Luckily I had proof that it weren't damaged when I gave it to them. So they are repairing it for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
beze8u2e.jpg

S2000. Filter

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The Swede

Viking
Nov 23, 2013
North of the wall
Thrashed, washed and apparently resprayed my car in silver. At least that's the conclusion my neighbour's kids came to.

:-"Oh look it's a copper car!"
-"OOH! Wow! Gold mommy!"
:-"But I like silver more-"
-"Yeah! Mommy look mommy! A silver car mommy!"

Cheapest respray in history. Not very pleased with the result though, still looks a bit copper if you ask me.
vY1mlhK.jpg

skinny monkey

Apr 6, 2014
Thought I'd give the dogbone mount and O2M shim a go this morning to try solve my clunk.

Quickly found the problem - the small round bush was totally disintegrated! Nothing left at all so the pin was just left flopping around in the void - removed the bit going into the box and it just dropped out. I bought the front powerflex bush but no-one ever seems to have an issue with the little one so I didn't buy that one! Typical.

But gearbox shim went a lot better. Never noticed any problems on decel like others but for the sake of £10 thought it was worth a bash anyway. Small screwdriver and torx tool to remove snap ring. Took 10 minutes total, didn't even need to remove the front wheel. Just looking forward to being able to give it a go!

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Fitted an s2000 cone for £13.50 from euro car parts. Sounds amazing :-D

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
Finally fitted the sender to my oil temp gauge, fitted my shortshifter which is a nice touch for 40 quid, and attempted to do the o2m shim but could not get the clip off for s**t. It doesn't even spin like it should, it's got wedged or something, idk. Will have to have another attempt once I've got some decent o-ring/clip pullers. Other than that a pretty successful day

Last edited:

turboboy111

Dec 2, 2010
Norwich
last week I bought a Toyosport intercooler and after having to cut the front bumper extremely I also bought an LCR front bumper, I wasn't completely happy with how it sat and how the bumper went back on. i also broke one of my headlights so I fitted another one of them aswell :)

sooo today bumper came off (for the 3rd time!):

T108

Jul 2, 2008
Replaced perished fuel hoses (the ones to the fuel rail) for the second time in a year, this time used stainless braided hoses with a black pvc overbraid

word of advise dont buy halfords fuel hose as thats what i'd used 6 months ago and it had cracked up as bad as the origonal 13 year old ones!

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Boring one, replaced rear discs and pads with mintex stuff. Painted up calipers and hub plate. Also freed up offside handbrake lever

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
How did you go about freeing up handbrake.lever mate as I need to free up mine

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Fitted my turbo dynamics GT1749vb rebuilt turbo and started the car for the first time in 3 weeks :funk:

Forgot how well the car pulls, can't wait to change my insurance back over and give it a proper run tomorrow :) certainly more pull than my dad's Volvo S40 that I've been drivin :p

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
Will a broken throttle body stop my engine from starting, 1.8 20turbo auq,,
Tv is making a weird clicking noise and Iv pulled the intake pipe off, when you push the accerator down, nothing happens, it stays closed and makes a clicking noise,, and it won't start,,

Iv just swopped the engine over, Iv had it running for about 10mins then it just cut out, wouldn't start again,,, there no spark at the plugs,,

I'm wondering if a faulty throttle body will tell the ecu to cut the spark?????
It's giving me no fault codes either,,,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.