Anyone selling a decent induction kit. ??

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
It needs to seal away from the engine to be effective.

R-t_e_c_h_Small.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
It has the piping around the edge.which I assume will seal against the sound deadening under the hood. Will this be effective though or.is a cold air feed necessary?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Mine actually feels quicker with the new induction kit fitted and sounds sweet. Even noticed when cruising last night I was getting 37mpg when I was getting about 33. But might not be related.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Yeah you misunderstood what I was saying Lee, it's sealed on two sides and air feed to original box is still there. Not sure how effective that is though as the oem feed was sealed into the air box, and hence as the turbo spooled it Sucked the air right through. Not the case now so was just asking is a new air feed required in addition the the oem one.

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Some people put ducting that runs from near the fog light. Mine seems fine at the mo but may change the ducting if needed.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mine actually feels quicker with the new induction kit fitted and sounds sweet. Even noticed when cruising last night I was getting 37mpg when I was getting about 33. But might not be related.

It will be can't recall the figures over a standard box compared to a sealed heat shield but it is a nice chunk of difference.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
I noticed an mpg improvement last night after fitting mine and it's not even shielded yet.

R1TCH1E

Apr 1, 2013
Worcester
I noticed an mpg improvement last night after fitting mine and it's not even shielded yet.

The oem cold airfeed passes through the front right hand side of the heatshield where it curves. You can use the oem cold airfeed or change it to ducting. I just used the oem cold airfeed in mine. :)

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
It will be can't recall the figures over a standard box compared to a sealed heat shield but it is a nice chunk of difference.

I thought so imo there's a big difference between standard. Can't wait to get tip,downpipe,decat and remap now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.