Anyone selling a decent induction kit. ??

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
What is the best induction kit for these?

I see most people use a JR/Jetex Filter 80mm. Does anybody use anything else like pipercross, K&N, Green Cotton??

R1TCH1E

Apr 1, 2013
Worcester
What is the best induction kit for these?

I see most people use a JR/Jetex Filter 80mm. Does anybody use anything else like pipercross, K&N, Green Cotton??

I would recommend jetex filter as its not full of oil. Pipercross has good feedback. I wouldnt get a k and n because i think its full of oil and is no good for the maff. I had jetex and loved it.

markpile

Wolves till i die!!!!
Mar 15, 2014
Wolverhampton
I have the s2000 filter on mine, I know it's paper but it's ahead way to see if you wanna spend out on the cone filter route at just £12 it's not a loss

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
What a load of tosh!!

Cooler air takes more time to heat, the initial cooler air is denser. 10deg less AIT at the filter will have a major impact in the AIT at manifold and recovered air density. Ideal on all setups would be 15-30deg AIT with ambient around 20deg

Its not for bit of power, Lower the air temp one cruise the more timing the car will run based on air delta correction timing maps, more timing give more effective efficient combustion stroke which will give much better mpg and aiding egt cooling from the ignition angle being optimised, As soon as the ecu sees 40deg+ air the ecu pulls out the timing, on wot cruise and light acceleration. The reason manufacturers work hard on decent cooling

From a well respected tuner

Interestingly, as it's hot today I have noticed that my dv is not as loud initially im guessing due to higher intake temp and lower air density. Once I'm driving for a bit and the engine gets some cold air it is noticeably louder. That's my theory anyway, got my heat shield on the way :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

tombos9

May 9, 2012
Essex
After having had the jr jetex filter fitted for a year and 9 months roughly, i've chipped out the £12 on the s2000 filter out of curiosity as to how different to the jr it may be and recommendations. Will post results once it arrives and I've fitted if anyone wants to know.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
I'd be interested as if no different I won't fork out the 52 quid for a Jetex

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise