what have you done to your car today ?

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Gave her a quick polish yesterday with Autoglym ultra deep shine for dark cars..
10268531_260698287449067_2325001900574989286_n.jpg

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Gave her a quick polish yesterday with Autoglym ultra deep shine for dark cars..
10268531_260698287449067_2325001900574989286_n.jpg

Looks shiny ;) I though your Leon was black? Or is it just the light that makes it look a bit gray?
The LCR-lip looks really good, did you check the price for it at Møller?

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Looks shiny ;) I though your Leon was black? Or is it just the light that makes it look a bit gray?
The LCR-lip looks really good, did you check the price for it at Møller?

Thanks! It is shiny, but im not all happy with the result. Ordered a clay bar kit the other day and going to do the whole car in the upcoming weekend. Mye piggstøv :p
My car is pitch black, so it's just the grey clouds in the sky thats playing tricks with you :p
Yup, I ordered it from Johnsen Bil (Local VAG dealer) for 480NOK. Affordable and just made the car look stunning, really.. :D

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Thanks! It is shiny, but im not all happy with the result. Ordered a clay bar kit the other day and going to do the whole car in the upcoming weekend. Mye piggstøv :p
My car is pitch black, so it's just the grey clouds in the sky thats playing tricks with you :p
Yup, I ordered it from Johnsen Bil (Local VAG dealer) for 480NOK. Affordable and just made the car look stunning, really.. :D

Oh, why not? Are you struggling with swirls?

A clay bay might do the job for the dust. I would recommend you try out CarPro Iron-X or Bilt-hamber Korrosol also, they work really great against metal particles and brake dust and would go further into the paint than the clay bar.
When I polished my Leon last year I pre-washed it with Prickbort, Surfex and Iron-X before I gave it a good wash, and I found almost nothing with the clay bar. But the clay bar might give you a few spots/marks, so you would probably have to polish it again:(

Nice, much cheaper than ebay. Yes it does [B)]

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Oh, why not? Are you struggling with swirls?

A clay bay might do the job for the dust. I would recommend you try out CarPro Iron-X or Bilt-hamber Korrosol also, they work really great against metal particles and brake dust and would go further into the paint than the clay bar.
When I polished my Leon last year I pre-washed it with Prickbort, Surfex and Iron-X before I gave it a good wash, and I found almost nothing with the clay bar. But the clay bar might give you a few spots/marks, so you would probably have to polish it again:(

Nice, much cheaper than ebay. Yes it does [B)]

Well, first of all I did it by hand.. Stood for HOURS, almost lost my hands :p And there was some spots I want to do it better, and some spots I missed (starting to get a bit sloppy after doing it by hand for hours) ..
I'm going to give her a good clean and go over it with the clay bar.. The thought of polishing again just..... Well, I might call a guy in the neighborhood of mine who "professionally" polish cars. He only uses Megiuars products, and always gets a smashing result, the downside is he has the car for 2-3 days.
What do you reckon is a fair price for a complete polish with sealant for a Leon?:)

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
Well, first of all I did it by hand.. Stood for HOURS, almost lost my hands :p And there was some spots I want to do it better, and some spots I missed (starting to get a bit sloppy after doing it by hand for hours) ..
I'm going to give her a good clean and go over it with the clay bar.. The thought of polishing again just..... Well, I might call a guy in the neighborhood of mine who "professionally" polish cars. He only uses Megiuars products, and always gets a smashing result, the downside is he has the car for 2-3 days.
What do you reckon is a fair price for a complete polish with sealant for a Leon?:)

Haha:lol: I know the feeling. Been there, done that. That's why I bought a polishing machine and was reading a lot on detailersclub.no;)

Well, it depends on his experience, car size, how many steps/stages of polish, products and LSP (last step product, wax or sealer). A good wax could cost from anything to 200NOK for 500ml to 13 500NOK for 150ml.. You will normally get it really shiny and swirl-free with a 1-stage job. I really don't know what price they take, but some say minimum 4 000NOK (but they have done this a lot).

If you have high criteria, using a polishing machine is the way to give you a satisfied result. Then it gets really shiny and all swirls are gone.

I found this 50/50 picture of a 1-stage job on detailersclub.no, it's a -07 BMW X3. As you might see, left side is not polished jet;)
IMG_2859_zpscd337cff.jpg

slogstorm

Nov 6, 2013
Harstad, Norway
Haha:lol: I know the feeling. Been there, done that. That's why I bought a polishing machine and was reading a lot on detailersclub.no;)

Well, it depends on his experience, car size, how many steps/stages of polish, products and LSP (last step product, wax or sealer). A good wax could cost from anything to 200NOK for 500ml to 13 500NOK for 150ml.. You will normally get it really shiny and swirl-free with a 1-stage job. I really don't know what price they take, but some say minimum 4 000NOK (but they have done this a lot).

If you have high criteria, using a polishing machine is the way to give you a satisfied result. Then it gets really shiny and all swirls are gone.

I found this 50/50 picture of a 1-stage job on detailersclub.no, it's a -07 BMW X3. As you might see, left side is not polished jet;)
IMG_2859_zpscd337cff.jpg

You didn't go to biltema to buy one i guess? :p haha..
Heard rumours that this guy only charge you about 1500NOK for the job. He loves doing it, so for him, it's just a hobby. As long as you cover the product he'll be happy :)
Yes, i've seen som pretty rip-off prices on some products..

That looks amazing! Guess when I move to a place this summer with my own garage i will invest in a DA polishing machine ;)

G-A

Feb 24, 2013
Norway
You didn't go to biltema to buy one i guess? :p haha..
Heard rumours that this guy only charge you about 1500NOK for the job. He loves doing it, so for him, it's just a hobby. As long as you cover the product he'll be happy :)
Yes, i've seen som pretty rip-off prices on some products..

That looks amazing! Guess when I move to a place this summer with my own garage i will invest in a DA polishing machine ;)

No, I didn't, but the one from Biltema would probably do the work too, but the motor might be a bit weak if you have to much pressure, but that is only necessary if your paint is really hard. I bought the Rupes machine since its a popular and recommended machine and according to Rupes them self, the pressure should only be the machine it self. So I don't have to focus this much on pressure when I'm new into this game.

Hope the rumours are correct, because that was a really nice price :)

The light reflection makes it a bit worse then what it really is, but it is a huge difference between before and after.

Devlin67

Jul 24, 2011
Edinburgh
Put it in for mot passed with a few advisories but nothing to serious so another year on the road for the old bus with a bit of luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.