Appalled to say the least - Leicester Seat Marshall

QU4RESMA

Apr 7, 2011
East Midlands
We have a Leon mk2 2.0tdi on a 55 plate 140bhp model
Recently started to misfire. . So after some research online seems as though the injectors were and are a common fault on these...including the 170 model. Vosa have issued several letters as found online in regards to this addressing the VAG group as a whole..
So, spoke to seat who at first refused to do anything about it as the gogw/recall was only for the 170 model and not 140..we made fuss and so the unhelpful rude woman "advised" us to book in for a diagnosis. .. 80.00. If the diagnosis indicated that the injectors were at fault she would try and assist us further. .
We booked in... left the car for the day.. came to collect later that day to only be told that my wishbones need replacing and the misfire didn't show up on their scan.. BS to say the least.. "so, ive paid you 80, 00 can you tell me what the fault is then...?" Bo sorry we dont know... so in short.. be on your way thank you for the 80, 00 for nothing.

Can anyone advise of what actions we should take next? P*ssd off doesnt describe the current emotion but the cheek to hand me back my keys charge my card and then tell me its still misfiring - tough luck?! Seriously.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

QU4RESMA

Apr 7, 2011
East Midlands
Sorry forgot to add - we've since had the car scanned by an independent garage who have clearly shown the fault code related to one of the injectors

Pommeh

Dec 5, 2012
I had problems with this dealership with my wifes mk2 leon cr170. The turbo went under warranty making the usual whistle sound so we took it in and they took the pipe off and the technician moved the compressor and turbine wheels with his fingers and said, it's within spec so it's fine. I argued with him for a good 10-15 minutes and then took it on myself to attach a gauge to get the correct reading, after I did that he said 'see it's in spec' another 30 minutes go by with me arguing with the manager who refused to check with vw what the actual spec was as I already had done and provided him with it to show the turbo was out of the required ranges for axial and radial play. So I left with the car and drove in to Audi, they got it on the ramps and within 15 minutes came back and said 'needs a new turbo, we will change it under warranty, I'll get you a another car to drive over the next few days while it's in

Seat Marshall Leicester are a bunch of useless monkeys, get your £80 back by complaining to the head office.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.