South Wales Rolling Road Day

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Unfortunately i don't think i will be, otherwise i may have headed down to Llandow to watch some of the track action.

Still need to sort a few things on the car before the RR day too - just finding the time :(

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
One week left to go, getting excited now.

Still plenty of opportunity for anyone to join us

edit: one more possible added

Last edited:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
How did it go yesterday mate? Ibiza still in one piece i hope?

Busy week ahead for the car, new tyre today, paint shop Tuesday and an oil change one day next week when i can find time :) Hopefully have chance on Saturday to give it a quick was too.

List is looking promising - should be fun :)

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
How did it go yesterday mate? Ibiza still in one piece i hope?

Busy week ahead for the car, new tyre today, paint shop Tuesday and an oil change one day next week when i can find time :) Hopefully have chance on Saturday to give it a quick was too.

List is looking promising - should be fun :)

Awesome Dan. Had a really good time there. The car held up really well and after your help it didn't throw up any problems. Thanks again. I think it's the beginning of session 2 I thought I'd use my new limiter for fun as well.
It held up well to the opposition too, overtaking all the MX-5s which I was pleased with :) And even flat out around the track it still averaged just over 16 MPG!

There are a few videos here if anyone is interested, with a few 'oh ****' moments left in :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/enzoalex/videos

I had a ride in a Westfield which was fun, because it had a supercharged Hayabusa engine in it with over 305 hp at the wheels. That thing brought a new meaning to the word fast. There is a video of that as well, the first two laps are just warming up and it's already much faster than all the other cars.

I didn't realise you were getting things painted, I bet you can't wait to see what it puts out on the rolling road now.

It's looking like it should be a really good day. And it doesn't really matter if it's wet because there is plenty of room for everyone to stand inside out of the rain.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Glad it all went well mate :)

2 hours of footage from the last few weeks - will have a look a little later :)

Only having the vinyl'd bits painted properly, I did the mirrors and centre of the front bumper in black to give it a Cupra look and its starting to lift so having it done properly.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I just hope it all goes to plan tomorrow - hate leaving my car with anyone, even though i know the guy and have had loads of work done from him over the years.

Enjoyed those vids - really want to take the Leon on track but too scared i'll kill it

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Anyone taking gopros on the day to film the convoy/power runs? Would be nice to see a little video made :D
I might stick my gopro on the car to shoot some vids on the way there, and possible setup a tripod for the dyno runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
That would be awesome mate. I was going to film using my phone but its not quite the same thing. A tripod setup for the runs would be brill! :)

Don't forget folks it's THIS Sunday - I can't wait :)

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
Anyone taking gopros on the day to film the convoy/power runs? Would be nice to see a little video made :D
I might stick my gopro on the car to shoot some vids on the way there, and possible setup a tripod for the dyno runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's a great idea.