vinyl wrap or paint ??

mickey1

Thinking about doing the front bar and number plate panel on my FR front bumper in black, seems to be an easy mod that looks cool

So what's the easiest/best from the one's who've done it ?

vinyl or paint ?
gloss or matt ?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I vinyl'd mine, but its going in for paint on Tuesday as its started to lift and i cant be bothered to re-do it - same with the mirror caps.

Craiglar

Mar 18, 2014
py7apeja.jpg

Mines wrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craiglar

Mar 18, 2014
Also took the yellow tint film out looks loads better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickey1

looks like its going to be gloss vinyl then, if it comes off in time i'l paint it.
grill surround already black, not sure about the mirrors though looks a bit tricky

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Wrapped properly is better than painted. My mk2 fr was wrapped and is more hard wearing than paint. Had my mk3 painted and already chipping after only a couple of weeks. Touch up pen on shopping list.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Shapin

May 31, 2015
@CRAIGLAR How long do you have that wraps on your car?
I wonder how this film is doing with the weather changes?

sorry for my bad english btw.

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
How much wrap did you guys have to order to cover behind the number plate and the lower lip of the front bumper?

measure it for width, the lip is only narrow, plate recess bigger but not too big....if the lip is less than 1500mm buy a 1m running length as per the link for MDP.

then double it because you're bound to f**k up the first attempt and the 2nd :)

however if you have a natural talent you should be able to do 2 cars with 1m x 1520mm :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.