Grille help !

bendiazclegg

Apr 29, 2014
Hi, earlier today I was trying to remove my grille from the front bumper but encountered these weird rubber plugs holding it in place instead of a bolt or a screw. Any one know how to remove them ?

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
If you mean the two at the top near the bonnet catch then they are like a rivet.

Look closely and you will see the middle is a separate part to the rest.

Use a screwdriver or similar to lift the middle part up a few mm.

This will then release the main part so you can take it out.

TheSmurf-95

Apr 1, 2014
Manchester
I've removed the 2 on the top but don't know where to go from here? Just hijacked the post, my bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunderland06

I'm having trouble with this as well.

I've got a smashed passenger side front fog light and I've been trying to get at it.

It's a 2010 Ibiza Sport, like in Techie's guide (think it's the same model of car, even down to the colour of it).

I've tried to remove the grill like Techie detailed, but have had no luck.

How else would I be able to get at the fog light to replace it, would I have to take the bumper off or does the wheel arch liner come off?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I've removed the 2 on the top but don't know where to go from here? Just hijacked the post, my bad

About the middle of the grill on each side there is a clip - use trim removal tool to prise this clip and release the grill partially.

Then the odd clips are at the bottom of the grill - you need to push the bottom of the gril IN ( yes IN ) slightly to undo the clips - then lift the grill and bring it away from the car.

TheSmurf-95

Apr 1, 2014
Manchester
Do you think you could get the clips off with a screw driver? Or do I defo need a trim removal tool?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Do you think you could get the clips off with a screw driver? Or do I defo need a trim removal tool?

The clips at the side require you to push the grill and the front bumper apart to loosen them. I used a plastic trim tool and just pushed it between the grill and bumper.

you can use whatever you are comfortable with BUT be careful you dont damage the paintwork on the bumper or the side of the grill.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.