Karcher

Mar 22, 2012
South east
Looking at buying a Karcher pressure washer for cleaning the car, and wondered which model people use. Any advise/reviews that will help me to buy the right one would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Don't think it matters really does it? I'm sure any will do just fine, you don't really need any pressure for cleaning the car, I only use mine for applying my pre-wash.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I'd avoid cheap Karchers if I were you. Get a Nilfisk instead. Karchers use plastic pumps in their cheap models and they are prone to failure. Nilfisk come with 3yr guarantees from
some places so good on that front - also have recently got one myself and am very impressed :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Looking at buying a Karcher pressure washer for cleaning the car, and wondered which model people use. Any advise/reviews that will help me to buy the right one would be much appreciated! Thanx in advance!

If you do buy a Karcher make sure pressure hose is long enough, some of them (including the one I had originally) only have a short hose and means you have to keep moving the unit. Extensions are also expensive. I ended up buying a broken one off e of the bay just for the longer hose - cost £10 instead of £40 for a Karcher spare!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I bought a Bosch Aquatak from ebay about 5 years ago for £40, gets used a few times a month and hasn't failed me yet.

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Iv got a K4 at the min can't fault it one bit. Agree with the cheap ones, had a k2 and burnt it out within a year

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Take a look at the nilfisk c110 and c120 - the 110 regularly goes on offer at around £60 ish. I have the 120 and paid just on £80 for it.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
My grandad has a K2 which is nice and portable for him - He's jet washed his patio/driveway once a fortnight for 4 years with it and it's still going

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I'd avoid cheap Karchers if I were you. Get a Nilfisk instead. Karchers use plastic pumps in their cheap models and they are prone to failure. Nilfisk come with 3yr guarantees from
some places so good on that front - also have recently got one myself and am very impressed :)

Agree karchers full cheap plastic I have a mac allister fron bq has all cast pump and replaceable parts bomb proof

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members