The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
After changing the footwell lights with led ones, if you use them always ON at %100 level at nights, result is below. It is a picture of led bulb that was picked from my car.

qqbQkR.jpg

MY08Gg.jpg

nanousis

Feb 10, 2014
After changing the footwell lights with led ones, if you use them always ON at %100 level at nights, result is below. It is a picture of led bulb that was picked from my car.

qqbQkR.jpg

MY08Gg.jpg

a) from where did you buy this bulb?
d) after how time created this result??
c) do you believe that there is risk fire??

metomurti

Apr 26, 2013
a) from where did you buy this bulb?
d) after how time created this result??
c) do you believe that there is risk fire??

a) Ebay (There are lots of them. All same. Same size, same shape and bad quality as you see)
b) We can say, 45 days and max 10 hours work maybe.
c) As soon as I see them at that condition. I changed all the bulbs I use in the car. I was using of them in my car.

Then I changed the map reading lights with these:

lYdDvQ.png

And I changed the footwell lights and boot lights with these:

glqGXZ.png

They are much more effective and high quality.

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
toro which ones do you use on front map lights and where from

the 9SMD ones i posted before.

I had the 5SMD ones in my mk2 for 3 years without a single one failing. Frankly i dont get why anyone would have the footwell lights on all the time. It's very distracting and dangerous as a driver at night in my opinion. My footwells are on where the door opens only and the doorcards are at 30%

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
i know mine are the same low as they can go only work whwn doors are open cannot see why seat have done this as i thought to have lights inside on it was illegal or it used to be

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
on the rear interier courtesary lights the 36mm festoon i have today changed them for 3bulb a side led but dont seem to be that bright how many bulbs do others use please

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
on the rear interier courtesary lights the 36mm festoon i have today changed them for 3bulb a side led but dont seem to be that bright how many bulbs do others use please

I've used 6 x 5630 SMD's and they're very bright.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
was thinking of trying these ebay no 301179819306 also what have members used for vanity lights as would rather use bulbs that members have used as i would have more faith in them

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I have used the same 9's as Toro and the boot lights up just fine now

hi andy i too used the 9led bulb as toro used and yes its fine as i used the same as you but did not think it was bright enough but really pleased with the 9 ones i am sure i sent you a post a little while back

Might need to revisit this boot light then, I just came to the conclusion with such a small light unit, obtaining a reasonably lit boot area was a big ask, costs was racking up as well with the quest to find the holy grail of boot lights :D

hi andy i too used the 9led bulb as toro .............. i am sure i sent you a post a little while back

Hi Smurf, sorry I must have missed that mate, I dont recollect it, brain cells are in a worse state than first thought :shrug:

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.