Osram Night Breaker H7 bulbs

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
I had Nightbreakers in my last car for around 3/4 years and they are very good, if you want a good light output. They're whiter than the OEM bulbs but still yellow-ish.

I moved to MTech Super Whites a few months ago, which look way more whiter, almost HID, but the light output isn't the best. You can still see but not as good as the Nightbreakers or the OEMS. But it's not really a problem for me, streetlights in the city, full beams on a-lanes.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Few stills from a poor quality video i took a few weeks ago - i think they look pretty good for a halogen bulb in terms of light output and colour. Highly recommended over the cheap HID kits that blind everyone

vlcsnap-2014-05-05-22h31m33s227.png

vlcsnap-2014-05-05-22h31m51s96.png

vlcsnap-2014-05-05-22h32m14s63.png

Last edited:

ddc

Deal is still available by the way folks I've just checked (my bulbs arrived today)

If you are looking for a pair of dip beam bulbs to match HIDs or 6000k LED side lights Night Breakers are not for you.. They are slightly whiter than OEM and definitely throw out more light, my daily commute is through the forest with plenty of horses, deer, pigs! wondering onto unlit roads.. In the middle of winter Night Breakers are my choice :)

If you're after the HID look try Mtech Cosmos Blues they are not a bad colour match but light output is below OEM.. Ok if you are mostly driving in town on lit streets..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-H7-12v-55w-COSMOS-BLUE-HID-XENON-CLASS-UPGRADE-BULBS-/271132997804?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f20c938ac

Last edited:

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Mine arrived in the post. Quick q though, is the electrical connector just a pull off jobbie for the bulb, or is there a clip somewhere? Ta.

ddc

5 minutes to change, just make sure you don't touch the glass part of the bulbs as finger prints can cause hot spots on the glass and cause the bulb to blow earlier..

Just unclip the plastic cover behind the headlight (two spring metal clips one top and one bottom)

Bulb connector is just a pull off, there is another spring metal clip that holds the bulb in place which unhooks from the top and swings down out of the way.. Bulb just pulls out, fit new bulb with the square tab to the top (there is a recess for it inthe holder) and re place retaining spring, connector and plastic cover... Repeat for other side & job done!

Last edited:

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
Any good?

Honestly, yes much better. As said above the road is a lot clearer and brighter. Really quite pleased with them, so much so I have bought another set for the Ford on the driveway due to the fact they are just much better and brighter.

I don't really care for the fact that they look like standard bulbs, they are. If I wanted Xenons I would have bought a Leon with them fitted. :)

TL:DR: Buy them!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.