LCR Steering Rack - Compatible Part Numbers

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
Hi All

Looks like the steering rack is gone on my LCR. Is it possible to get a replacement seal kit for it? I'm based in Ireland and recond / second hand steering racks are rare enough. There is a second hand one from an Audi TT already fitted so presume its a common enough problem as this one appears to be leaking. More than likely ill have to order from a breakers in the UK. If the seals could be replaced itd get my car back on the road quicker.

Any input appreciated...
Brian

Last edited:

Bickerton

Mar 4, 2012
Have a look for a recon company, there's one in my city, cost me & 90. Maybe one your way too

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
i cant get it recon'd locally...will just have to try and get a second hand unit from the UK

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
the second hand steering was fitted but the car isnt right. Had a look at a few websites to try and find the answer but want to double check here...
What is the correct part number for the quick steering rack for the LCR? I want to double check that the correct second hand one was received...

Is this one below on euro car parts compatible?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/S...52dfcbba5312e943bb5c3ecdaf82e49a0726ff&000380

Thanks
Brian

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
There is no sign of leaking on the replacement second hand rack. Everything seems rock solid on the suspension, no play anywhere. Also got the car tracked again at a different garage just in case. Could the second hand unit still be faulty even though there are no leaks? Could faulty internal seals cause the play in the steering?
Its just not the same since the replacement was fitted...Car pulls under heavy acceleration..

Brian

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.