What did you and your MK2 do today?

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
What symptoms were you getting?

Just seemed to be lacking a bit of boost and had shocking mpg. Only when I replaced my cam follower did I notice that the pcv was original! Diverter valve was replaced last month. :D did a run in it last night and was straight up to the high 20's and on the same journey before I was struggling to get to 20mpg.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
well decided tonite to fit my chrome front headlight indicator bulbs...there a pig to get out of the headlight as you need small hands, but I managed to do it with only a small amount of skin loss..

I hated the amber in the headlights....

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Pretty sure I forgot about this, but I got myself a Brodit mount for the phone cos I was fed up of crappy holders.

u7ezybub.jpg

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Today I may surprised a motorcyclist who was planning to overtake me as I was overtaking a cyclist.....:whistle:

When he did catch up he seemed a little more cautious and less' tailgaity' !

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
Finally got a chance to try out that madcow waxbox I got. Spent all day cleaning the car, highlights: the mango sauce dressing is the shiz, defo getting some more of that, the amber nectar wash and wax is pretty good, a little goes a long long way, the coco glaze polish is pretty good as well (when applied after a coat of dodo juice paint cleanser anyway) but unconvinced by the ultraviolet gloss enhancer, couldn't get it to shift.

Oh and the febreeze air freshener that's meant to help you sleep smells absolutely delicious!

Last edited:

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Finally got a chance to try out that madcow waxbox I got. Spent all day cleaning the car, highlights: the mango sauce dressing is the shiz, defo getting some more of that, the amber nectar wash and wax is pretty good, a little goes a long long way, the coco glaze polish is pretty good as well (when applied after a coat of dodo juice paint cleanser anyway) but unconvinced by the ultraviolet gloss enhancer, couldn't get it to shift.

Oh and the febreeze air freshener that's meant to help you sleep smells absolutely delicious!

Your like an advert for they mental shopping channels on sky at 5am haha!!!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Postman came today........ This is what I did after work, :D, very very impressed so far, amazing noise, pulls so much harder than before. now I'm off out for another drive. :whistle:

Good stuff, just replaced the protective rubber round the heat shield on mine to protect the pipe from damage

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Jan 3, 2014
When looking at springs to lower my car. I'm coming across strut sizes. Does the leon FR TFSi 07plate have a 50 or 55mm strut?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
Good stuff, just replaced the protective rubber round the heat shield on mine to protect the pipe from damage

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

after having a decent drive last night and got home I popped the bonnet and its only when I put my hand on the pipe coming off the filter I didn't expect it to be as cold as it was :D. only downside it how hot it is around the manifold/turbo. didn't seem to detract from the performance at all though. will have to invest in some heat reflective wrapping, I really didn't expect to feel any gains but certainly can. it really does feel like a different car. cant imagine how it will feel after a remap!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.