tration control perminantly off

swinford

Apr 28, 2014
Evening all... i was driven earlier and accelerated off a roundabout but not quick enough to set the traction control off. But after changing gear the traction control light iz know staying on perminantly ... any ideas why its doing it ? Cheers

swinford

Apr 28, 2014
Will have to check that then. Would it cause an engine management light to come on eventually or isit not that serious ?

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
It will do eventually when it registers a fault, it could be on its way out but not registering in the engine ecu yet. Worth having a look with vagcom and see what's up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCRIRL

Mar 30, 2014
Could also be a fault in the brake system for eg a dodgy brake light switch or a pressure sensor but as AlexK1 said best bet is too have it scanned..

LCRIRL

Mar 30, 2014
Well I just bought a vagscanner 25euro in eBay I'm handy on the spanners and for more serious stuff my Mec has vag com.. But the vagscanner has been reliable so far to be fair...

swinford

Apr 28, 2014
Could you send link to page if possible please ? I take it your from south wales isit ?

Dec 5, 2012
Harlow
If it's just the traction control light that's on then It will be more than likely one of the following:
MAF sensor
One of 4 abs sensors

LCRIRL

Mar 30, 2014
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161023937355 I'm from the south of Ireland lad... As long as it's not a g201 or g204 fault which are brake pressure sensors located in ur brake master cylinder and are abit of pain... I had the same problem as u turned out to be a brake light switch 15euro happy days...I'm from Ireland

swinford

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks for link will have a look at that. Cheers all will see what seat say lol. Hopefully not the maf and just a abs sensorlol

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.