what have you done to your car today ?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Bedford GT circuit, just standard diff.
Couldn't get any videos as they don't allow suction cup cameras and my rear brace is too low to see out of the car. my friends got some photos though

Mrlewell

May 12, 2014
Buffed the scrape out of my bumper!!! that some ***** left for me at the weekend,only had my LCR two weeks

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
Did the below yesterday acternoon but was working a night so it's still "today" to me.

Ripped the under cat heatshield off as it was bent and only held on by 1 bolt and some rust. Hoped this would cure an annoying rattle when pulling away but it's only lessened it. Suspect either the top heatshield has worked loose or a silencer is shagged - need to get under it again. While doing this found that my exhaust has been repaired (somewhat roughly) in the past. That may be part of the problem.

Took the SAI pump off to repair a failed rivet but haven't got any rivets/bolts long enough so it's staying off til I get a chance to buy some.

Currently trying to decide between fitting my 1.9d centre pipe a bit later today or leaving it for another day...

Jimmy3rown

Nov 28, 2013
Hampshire
I wrapped the rear badge/handle!

DSC03296.jpg

Semideum

Apr 11, 2014
Portsmouth
Had my windscreen finally fixed after weeks of arranging it. Now onto fixing the boot as the latch is jammed and to get the radio out of SAFE mode. Do not have the original number sadly =( god damn second hand cars.

Redrevis

Apr 21, 2014
Derbyshire
Had a new cambelt and waterpump fitted today, along with a rolling road session at JBS in Chesterfield. Pushing out 191BHP so not too bad. Would post the dyno graph but still can't post pics yet :whistle:

DannyJigg

Jul 4, 2013
Southend, Essex
Love the wrapped rear badge, subtle but classy.

I bit the bullet yesterday and fitted the tdi centre pipe. Not a massive difference to the sound but it seems to let the turbo spool around 500rpm quicker than it used to. The mounts were in the wrong place but some fettling made it fit ;)

Word of warning, cutting the old pipe out using just jack stands and grinder sucked! Started raining halfway through as well, I love the great British weather :)

Feel a lot better about my abilities now i've done it so it was a win/win job

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
soo yeah ;)

20140524_162438_zpsxoqkoqdm.jpg

20140524_164138_zpsbtzvb0ob.jpg

20140524_164152_zpsjprealig.jpg

one of the spacers was broken when i took the old set off so i need to get a new 10mm then im think a 15/20mm on the rear. front sit flush with the 10mm rears will poke nicely with the 15/20

next up before players is to get the adjusters out wind the fronts down a bit and if i can get some i want some camber shims for the rear :)

Aug 27, 2012
Maidstone, Kent
Not really done anything to my Leon today but did do some work on the Audi Quattro removing the floor ready for my 4wd conversion :) Pictures can be found on my readers ride linked in the sig

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Replaced the injector seals with fresh new ones.

Old:

Dirty injectors 1+2 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Dirty injectors 3+4 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

The cups should be grey of color :) The cups are fine and dont need replacement yet.

Injector cup 1 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Injector cup 2 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Injector cup 3 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Injector cup 4 by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Time for cleaning the injectors. They were pretty clean though.

Dirty injector by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Dirty injector closeup by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

The old seals looked fine, but were far more stretchy then the new ones. Old ones top, new ones in the bottom of the picture.

Old (top) vs New (bottom) by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Back in place by ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

The Swede

Viking
Nov 23, 2013
North of the wall
Cured my hangover and headache by dropping in a Green Cotton panel filter in which made it much more responsive.

...and then got a new headache from discovering rust emerging from under the black plastic trim on one of the rear doors. Scheisse...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise