Expected Delivery?

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
I got a phone call from my dealer this morning informing me that my Cupra is built and is sat waiting for a boat. Not too bad considering I ordered 31st March. I went in today and signed all the PCP paperwork etc to speed up the process when the car arrives at the dealers.

rocket_26_

Jul 29, 2004
Lincoln
And there's the rub. They're not easy to repair and I would think you would have to get them done 4 at a time to have them all looking the same. Really wish the 280 came with normal alloys as I don't even like the look of them to be honest.

I agree, not a huge fan of the wheels much prefer my current black cupra wheels. I think 18inch wheels are big enough. No way I was getting a 265 just for the wheels though.

facelikeanrss

Mar 14, 2014
Took a call earlier today from the Dealer advising that my Cupra (ordered 5th March) is in the country and will be delivered to them this week. Delighted.

Annoyingly, the dealer (Livingstones in Uddingston) is saying I can't go with the 0% finance + £1000 deposit contribution from Seat as this offer ended on 31st March. Fortunately I'm in possession of printed out terms and conditions on this offer from the Seat website from March which clearly state that this offer is available on all Leon models ORDERED prior to 31st March 2014. He's not having this so presumably I'll need to go direct to Seat with this.

Mar 13, 2011
Took a call earlier today from the Dealer advising that my Cupra (ordered 5th March) is in the country and will be delivered to them this week. Delighted.

Annoyingly, the dealer (Livingstones in Uddingston) is saying I can't go with the 0% finance + £1000 deposit contribution from Seat as this offer ended on 31st March. Fortunately I'm in possession of printed out terms and conditions on this offer from the Seat website from March which clearly state that this offer is available on all Leon models ORDERED prior to 31st March 2014. He's not having this so presumably I'll need to go direct to Seat with this.

I sent the signed paperwork for ours back today for pick up Saturday. Ordered 10th March. The finance agreement is 0% HP and the dealer 1000 deposit included.

Think your dealer must be confused as I think this 0% / £1000 contribution deal is still current anyway. Besides, you get the deal available at time of order, not time of delivery.

facelikeanrss

Mar 14, 2014
From memory as I don't have the print out on me, the 0% offer always required a 50% deposit. The £1000 deposit contribution comes from Seat.

I think the dealer is just behaving in the way car salesmen sometimes do and denying everything so he can concentrate on getting the car off his premises as simply as possible, screw the consquences.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
From memory as I don't have the print out on me, the 0% offer always required a 50% deposit. The £1000 deposit contribution comes from Seat.

Fair enough, when I ordered mine the dealer put it over as the terms had just changed on the 1st April. But as BrettBlade so eloquently put it, it's irrelevant anyway so lets just forget I mentioned it :D

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Well, my dealer was supposed to ring me today with an update about my cars location. Yet again, he has found operating the telephone to be too difficult to manage. So tomorrow I will be giving Seat UK a ring -again - to find out where it is.

It was supposed to be week 20 build, and I notice that the first ship to leave for the UK since that week, Galicia, is currently sat at Barcelona docks, so I'm kinda hoping it may be on that ship and soon to be on its way to me.

I'm so sick of waiting now it's getting beyond a joke. It's been 13 weeks since I ordered and my car is still in Spain... That, I can excuse. Barely, but just about, lol. What I genuinely cannot comprehend is the truly appalling customer service, or apparent lack of, that I have had to endure thus far. I love Seat, and have enjoyed a few different models over the years. This, however, will be my last. I just can't put up with the awful dealerships anymore. As soon as the new Jag XE is available next year, the Leon will find itself usurped. Buying a car should be pleasurable. In this case, its been nothing but a headache.

Mar 13, 2011
I'm sure you will enjoy the car when it arrives yellowcone. Won't be long now if bw20. The dealers are dire, I agree, but not the end of the world if the cars are good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
I really hope so, Morini. I still like the car, so hopefully it will make up the lost ground from my experience so far. Its just so frustrating being able to do precisely nothing to change the situation myself, while getting 'err, dunno.' from my dealership in response to pretty much every question.

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I ordered my car six weeks ago, I was told it would probably take twelve weeks so another six weeks to wait. I was also told the twelve weeks was approximate, it may arrive sooner or it could be later. To date I have had no contact from my dealer but why would I, what can he tell me a build week maybe but that still doesn't really give a firm date for delivery so who cares!
What I expect from the dealer is a phone call about a week before collection, so the paperwork can be sorted out and a date for collection can be arranged as these are thing's he can have some control over. Everything else is out of the dealers control, so I won't be bothering the dealer and I hope he doesn't hassle me.

We all have different views and expectations but the car will arrive when it arrives and we are all (including the dealer) powerless to change that, so........be patient :D

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
I ordered my car six weeks ago, I was told it would probably take twelve weeks so another six weeks to wait. I was also told the twelve weeks was approximate, it may arrive sooner or it could be later. To date I have had no contact from my dealer but why would I, what can he tell me a build week maybe but that still doesn't really give a firm date for delivery so who cares!
What I expect from the dealer is a phone call about a week before collection, so the paperwork can be sorted out and a date for collection can be arranged as these are thing's he can have some control over. Everything else is out of the dealers control, so I won't be bothering the dealer and I hope he doesn't hassle me.

We all have different views and expectations but the car will arrive when it arrives and we are all (including the dealer) powerless to change that, so........be patient :D

From my experience I received a call when the car was built and at the docks, when the car was in transit by boat, when it arrived in the U.K and when it arrived at the dealers. As it was not know exactly when it would be collected from the docks to the dealers, As not all logistic companies inform the dealers, it was only estimated at this point but in my case it arrived 3 days earlier than quoted. In total mine will be 9 weeks 6 days from order to collection.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
With respect Biker, patience isn't the problem... At all.

I ordered on Feb 8th. I then waited 8 weeks before I contacted him again. He informed me that the car was on its way and it would, to suit us both, be made available to collect on May 16th. I then left it, much like you suggest I should, until the week before that, and he didn't ring me... So I rang him to check that the information I had been given, by him, was still correct, and that I could still collect the car. At this point I was informed that the car wasn't even built yet. Annoying, but as you suggest the 12 weeks I had already waited at that point are a guide, not a deadline, so there's nothing I can do about that. This is why I said before, its not that that's bothering me. If the car wasn't even being built until then, I would expect a call to let me know that... After all, how do you go from 'its on its way', several weeks previously, to 'its being built this week'??? And why didn't anybody think I might need to know that? Having agreed with my insurance company for my cover to end on my current car on this date, only to then have to rearrange it all and they weren't even going to tell me. A phone call had been booked for today to let me know about something that would have already happened days before... Go figure...As it goes, I wouldn't have been getting it that week whether it was built or not, since he was on holiday and nobody else in the whole dealership had any idea what I was talking about. So had I have left it, and not 'bothered him', I would have turned up on the day he told me to during a conversation weeks ago, to find no car and no salesman... And no explanation.

So, having no idea where my car was, I phoned Seat UK. They told me that they had no record of my order before March, so the dealer must have sat on the order for weeks...I still have the original order form dated Feb 8th. Yes I understand certain things are out of his control. Sitting on his behind with my order in his to-do list is not something I'd count in that list. That itself puts us several weeks behind. Again, I have had no explanation for this... Or any explanation as to how a car can go from 'on its way, ready for collection on a set date', to 'actually it isn't even built yet'. I smell BS somewhere along the line.

Anyway, he then promised to ring me today to let me know where the car is now and when I'm likely to see it, after he had, ahem, 'chased it up'.

Surprise surprise, no phone call.

I don't expect miracles, but I do expect honesty and a reasonable level of service when I'm spending many thousands of pounds. You know, instead of lies, seemingly endless delays, with no explanation, and apparently nobody responsible, despite the fact that they failed rto process the order for a month, and an entire dealership full of people who seem totally and utterly inept.

Powerless to change anything? Maybe the delivery date now yes, but powerless to tell the truth in the first place and do what you've promised to do in return for the significant dealers premium? No. Not at all.

Last edited:

brian33

Feb 3, 2014
Car ordered 31/01/14. Car arrived end of March. Wrong car (factory misbuild - manual instead of DSG). Reordered under priority. Latest from dealer is that I'll be likely to get it in the next two to three weeks. Dealer has been great, communicative and helpful at every stage. I am now at the stage where waiting is painful though. I so badly want my car. /rant

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise