Will facelift bootlid fit the pre-facelift?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Theres a few on ebay fairly cheap. Have thought about this myself, but not worth it at the moment as the rear windows are factory tinted so would need to get the fl tailgate glass done to match which I dont want the hassle of.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Well it can be done guys I have prof here, fitted mine at the weekend just needs to be sprayed but that will be done when other bits are ready

see photo below

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Might just be me but the rear lights dont appear to line up with the FL ones, look slightly out.

Apart from that it will look good once sprayed. Was everything a straight swap?

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
The boot hasn't been fitted correctly yet as it needs to be removed to spray so I just got it on for the time being, it's not a straight swap plugs require changing and strut need changing its a pig to do really but hopefully worth it

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The boot hasn't been fitted correctly yet as it needs to be removed to spray so I just got it on for the time being, it's not a straight swap plugs require changing and strut need changing its a pig to do really but hopefully worth it

When you getting it sprayed? Will freshen up the rear end once sorted.

alibfd

Mar 18, 2014
Hi i am looking to buy the facelift bootlod to fit my prefacelift any help on the struts and conectors etc ?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Looks great, apart from the R badge. Would like to have the same, facelift tailgate with the led lights, but couldn't justify the cost. How much was it all in if you don't mind me asking?

alibfd

Mar 18, 2014
Looks smashing !! Any tips on how you managed to fit the bootlid and lights are they seat led lights or the dectane ? Would your car have to be programmed to work with the led lights ? I have bought a facelift bootlid but quite confused about the struts and wiring etc ?

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looks great, apart from the R badge. Would like to have the same, facelift tailgate with the led lights, but couldn't justify the cost. How much was it all in if you don't mind me asking?

I think he bought it like that mate.

Would love to do this myself but is it worth it?

paulgtir

Apr 7, 2014
hi yeah i took the r badges off all rear end was done by previos owner he said lights alone cost him £500 then had to get seat to programme them in etc i dread to think what all the work cost him he was a little upset when i got him down in price by 1k and paid him 6300 for it lol:lol:

alibfd

Mar 18, 2014
I have bought the bootlid for 80 and the inner cluster lights(standard lights) for £20 just needs spraying and fitting maybe £100 , its worth it it looks so much more modern maybe will get the leds if i find a bargain haha ! Main stealers want £427 !!! Just for the leds !!!

alibfd

Mar 18, 2014
This seat cupra.net is full of selfish people I have done a complet facelift without everyone on here im glad because all you guys think your bosses I guarantee my car beats everyone's on this page