CTS or thermostat?

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
My temp gauge tends to move about a little bit. It varies where it sits depending on the temperature it is outside, how fast I'm travelling, whether the engine has load (rolling down a hill in gear it'll drop to about 80degrees)

Is it likely to be CTS that needs replacing or thermostat?

Thanks in advance

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
When this happened to my LCR I just changed both. Bough a CTS from Seat (Genuine ones are better apparently) and a Thermostat from Euro Car Parts.

It's cheap enough so that you can change both.

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Yea a bit fiddly but nothing major. Get a set of ball-ended allen keys. Will make it alot earlier.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
If it's stat you will see 90 when stationary for a bit or when you drive it hard, then it will drop down to around 75 on normal driving. Faulty CTS makes it jump around I think.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
CTS going is pretty common. If you need to get one and have no local dealer then dave at sere motors will post it to you.

Does sound like the thermostat to me, the temp on mine started to drop below 90 and after replacing the thermostat (£6 GSF), the temperature gauge never moves off 90 now (once the as the car has warmed up)

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi guys,

my LCR has been having issues recently. EML coming on when on a motorway drive and the engine temperature gauge is all over the place. I already changed the CTS so it must be the thermostat.

I'm getting a cam belt + water pump change done next week so may as well get them to change stat while i'm at it. How much is it likely to cost? What's reasonable for a stat change?

Cheers.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
If they are in there to do the belt anyway then its a 2 min job, when mine was done I think the stat was about £4 trade price.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.