Timing kit

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Can someone tell me what constitutes a complete timing belt kit...i want to get EVERYTHING to do with the timing replaced in one job.My car is Toledo T Sport 2004 AUQ, same engine wise as Leon Mk1 Cupra AUQ i presume.......

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
+1.

For the extra minimal cost might as well get the dampner done too.

Defo mate seeings as they does the tension in the belt. He said some people put the old one back in but you have to force the rod back in and it's never the same after. If that goes the belts gonna lose tension which could prob be the same as the belt snapping.

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
Yeah I no that that's why I put tentioner! If I was saying don't change it then I wouldn't of put tentioner?:bleh:

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
I wont bother wasting my time next time trying to help, so many times I see people buy the cheaper kit thinking they have everything they need not realising they're not included.

Obviously selling 15+ of these a week I know shag all.

Ta ta

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
lol, hence him mentioning it I spose

most kits inc vw's dont include it

Deffo worth including. I know I do on all kits I buy/fit

I went with a gates kit which came with it :) I got it from Clarkes in Stroud. Wasn't loads of money either :).

Kingscote

Ummm red.......
Jul 12, 2012
How come? I'm not stressing etc lol? I was just saying that I put tentioner (hydro) in the first post when I was helping the chap out. Then things get copied and I get the blame?