Album art on SD card problems

dannyg1234

May 19, 2014
Hey all,
This is my first post and am after some help in regards to album art being displayed on the screen of my Seat Leon ST from the SD card in slot 2.

For some reason a couples of the tracks, which are legit downloads and to which I have added an image display fine and others don't. And strangely enough the same picture has been used on a number of tracks but is only showing on one. I have a few album rips and again the odd one displays and other don't.

Any ideas please, I'm stumped?
:confused:

Thanks,
Danny

Mar 13, 2011
Hey all,
This is my first post and am after some help in regards to album art being displayed on the screen of my Seat Leon ST from the SD card in slot 2.

For some reason a couples of the tracks, which are legit downloads and to which I have added an image display fine and others don't. And strangely enough the same picture has been used on a number of tracks but is only showing on one. I have a few album rips and again the odd one displays and other don't.

Any ideas please, I'm stumped?
:confused:

Thanks,
Danny

I was reading on a different forum (audisport) some people were having issues with album art. I was going to suggest it probably being something to do with the size of the images. However, you say above that the same image displays on one track but not another so that can't be it.

I assume you are embedding the images into each track in the MP3V2 tags rather than simply copying the image into the folder where the tracks are?

bzoow

Mar 30, 2011
I use mp3tag to manage mp3's and find it really useful - it can rename and make filenames and track numbers consistent and embed cover art and it's freeware (more accurately "donateware"), search online.

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
I too use mp3tag - I've found that they only display if the image is 500x500 pixels or less and I think there's a maximum file size for the image being attached (although I'm don't sure what the file size is),

dannyg1234

May 19, 2014
Thanks for all your help. I was using MP3 Tag already but think I have worked out the probllem of which there were 2.

1. The image size is best off being a maximum of 500x500. When using ones of resolution 1600x1600 they wouldn't display.

2. Because I had given different tracks the same album name but not given them unique track numbers it only showed the album art on the first instance. I changed the other 2 mp3 files to track 2 & 3 and they work now.:D

Hope this helps others too.
Danny

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
Hi,

Is it possible to connect a hdd or ssd of about 100gb to the factory stereo? If the files were embedded with album art, will they display, if done as above?

Thanks
Koush

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Hi,

Is it possible to connect a hdd or ssd of about 100gb to the factory stereo? If the files were embedded with album art, will they display, if done as above?

Thanks
Koush

I tried connecting a USB HDD, it powered up but I got an error message saying it wasn't a valid source.

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
Any idea how to change the album art size in itunes?
Most of my album covers are over 500x500 pixels.
I used to know how to do it but in itunes 11 I have no clue.

bzoow

Mar 30, 2011
Me and you both. Started doing it yesterday using MP3 Tag, but you have to change the album art song by song, going to take forever :cry:

Maybe you don't have whole albums so each one is different but if you do have the same art in multiple songs you can copy an album art then select all the songs in an album and "paste cover" into the album art, hit save and it will be in all of them.

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
I've got the album art to work on songs, but is it possible to get the folders to show up at a album picture instead of text?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Managed to get it sorted in the end and now have all albums with art and all radios with logos (until the system decides to remove all the logos as it seems to do fairly frequently)

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Is this the same problem on iPhone??

I've only just got my car, and plugged the phone in to stream music and from a random selection, not a single piece of album art!!

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Some of my music has album art work, some doesn't. Seems to depend on where I aquired the music from :-D

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Finally found an album that does have album art.

So have I literally gotta go through every song now and set the picture?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise