leon fr sc 1.8 dsg

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I have the winter pack too - well worth it IMO. Even helps if you've done your back in!

You get them "included in the price" with leather - so the seats are effectively £850 as the LP is £1200 (or was when I spec'd). Much preferred the look of the Alcantara.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

what did you pay if you don`t mind me asking

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Total is (if I remember) £24,800. 50% down (inc £3k for a buggered Mk2 TDI and £1k dealer contributed) so £8k down and £12k over 3 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Finbow

I paid a few hundred less for my Alor blue ex demo FR with the same packs on 18" alloys etc.., but that had done nearly 20k miles.

I've seen Alor Blue demo's with 1,500 miles up for £14,500 so I think £14k is a fair price for what you're being offered.

I gave up hunting for a Seat Sound / upgraded seats example as they all seem to be a few thousand pound more! TBH I couldn't notice a huge difference between the standard system and Seat Sound.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Weired considering the options are quite cheap anyway

When I have asked other dealers to match the price they tell me it is not achievable
Will keep looking till one of them agrees

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
had a nightmare selling my own car , and dealers are not budging on other used cars i was interested in
so started thinking about a nearly new leon again as oppose to a 5 year old audi.

found a few cars , got a dealer nearly screwed down to £14700 for a leon 1.8 dsg with
Tech pack, Winter pack, 18" performance alloys, SEAT Sound System, FR Alcantara sports seats, Lane assist and a space saver spare wheel.

63 plate 6500 miles

couple of months back i found some selling for 14k dead , but they are saying the car owes them more, what do you think good deal or not ?

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Seems pretty decent price to me. I guess list new is something near £24k, buying new something like £19k through a broker, and then a pre-reg maybe a little less.

Admittedly it is an older car (i.e. same reg a few months on) and a few hundred quid more, but still seems pretty decent to me, if it ticks all of the specification boxes for you.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Seems pretty decent price to me. I guess list new is something near £24k, buying new something like £19k through a broker, and then a pre-reg maybe a little less.

Admittedly it is an older car (i.e. same reg a few months on) and a few hundred quid more, but still seems pretty decent to me, if it ticks all of the specification boxes for you.

turns out they want £15300 for it , some confusion somewhere :(

seeing as i found 3 cars up for £13999 previously and one of them only had 1k miles on the clock , i think they can do better.

i would pay 16k for a pre reg demonstrator though if i can choose spec, ACC etc

Last edited:

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
The price you can get new (albeit via a broker generally) sets an expectation of second hand market prices that, at the moment, the market doesn't seem to be able to deliver. I suppose things like how long you are willing to look/ wait for that deal, and what compromises on specification you are willing to go for, to get closer to the desirable price, will lead to you choosing or not choosing the Leon.

The 1.8TFSI engine is not going to be that popular; especially at some of the daft prices you've seen. Will the launch of the 64 plates make a difference.....

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
The price you can get new (albeit via a broker generally) sets an expectation of second hand market prices that, at the moment, the market doesn't seem to be able to deliver. I suppose things like how long you are willing to look/ wait for that deal, and what compromises on specification you are willing to go for, to get closer to the desirable price, will lead to you choosing or not choosing the Leon.

The 1.8TFSI engine is not going to be that popular; especially at some of the daft prices you've seen. Will the launch of the 64 plates make a difference.....

been without a car for 5 weeks now , so don`t want to wait much longer .

why do you say the 1.8 is unpopular ?

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
I didn't say it wasn't unpopular, just it is not going to be that popular.
I would expect the diesels, primarily the 184 will be the most popular.

Then, on the petrol front then the 1.4TFSI seems to get the most press, positive vibes & more traffic on places like here. Now no doubt supported now by Cupramania.

That's the way I've seen it in the VAG car world for those I've been interested in, for a while. The petrol engine below the most powerful doesn't appear to have enough to push the numbers of people away from the popular small engine (In MK3 leon world say the 1.4) or from the most powerful. When I got my 2009 Plate A3 Sline, the 2.0T was 'far more' powerful than the 1.8T for minimal extra cost (that was on a company car basis) - if you wanted value from the BIK rules then you went 1.4. But it would have been the same decision if I was buying outright. Other factors like tax and CO2 also contributed. Admittedly its a small basis for my views, but such is life!

That's not to say I wouldn't fancy the 1.8T, but when I looked a couple of months ago, the 1.8T was noticeable by the relatively small numbers compared to the 2.0TDI 184 and 1.4TFSI, and I felt the level of discounts, versus those, for me, wouldnt have attracted me to the 1.8.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I didn't say it wasn't unpopular, just it is not going to be that popular.
That's not to say I wouldn't fancy the 1.8T, but when I looked a couple of months ago, the 1.8T was noticeable by the relatively small numbers compared to the 2.0TDI 184 and 1.4TFSI, and I felt the level of discounts, versus those, for me, wouldnt have attracted me to the 1.8.

diesels will always be more popular ,the buying public believe it is more economical even when only driving a small amount each year.

i agree with what you are saying about the used prices , when a brand new one can be picked up from brocker4cars for 18.2k , used demonstrators should be 14-15k with out much haggling at all.

that one i put above is the perfect example of the deluded dealers thinking their stock is worth more than it actually is .

i was told to basically F-off after offering 14k for it , looks quite a generous offer to me considering the 15k miles :confused:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
There is a growing campaign to penalise diesels in city centres, London being the prime leader with their congestion charge, now that they are being demonised for higher pollution.

There could well be a backlash towards diesels by the general populous, especially in more built up congested areas as many cash strapped councils are considering, as cities and towns start to jump on the congestion charge bandwagon in the future those diesels may lose the premium they carry on the forecourts.

The government sowed the seed that diesels would save punters money, but now most have fallen for it and benefited from the tax breaks associated, they are looking for ways to claw it back.

Giveth with one, Taketh with another.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise