Rear bumper guards

Dazzerm

May 21, 2014
Hi all

Has anyone fitted those stick/bolt on bumper guards on any of your cars? By this I mean the guards that stop your dogs/prams/kids from damaging the bumper tops.
I've been looking around and found a few suppliers (most of whom seem to use the same pictures) and they run from about £35 upwards.

Looking at what the prams did to my wife's Astra I thought they'd be a good way to go for the Exeo ST we pick up this weekend but wanted to see if there were any thoughts or stories out there.

Cheers in advance
:confused:

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
My ST came with a thick / clear bit of plastic on top of the bumper (looks like Helitape / 3M stuff) which has done a great job of collecting the worse ravages of having mountain bikes thrown in and out of the boot - I'm not sure if it's standard, or indeed it can be replaced - but I intend to polish the marks out of it when it's looking really bad - like I do to the stuff I stick on my bike.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Hi all

Has anyone fitted those stick/bolt on bumper guards on any of your cars? By this I mean the guards that stop your dogs/prams/kids from damaging the bumper tops.
I've been looking around and found a few suppliers (most of whom seem to use the same pictures) and they run from about £35 upwards.

Looking at what the prams did to my wife's Astra I thought they'd be a good way to go for the Exeo ST we pick up this weekend but wanted to see if there were any thoughts or stories out there.

Cheers in advance
:confused:

Hi, I had the Boot Lip Protector fitted to my 143 SE ST, by the Seat dealer when I bought the car new in March 2010, they relieved me of £32 to buy and fit but in the Accessory guide I think it had a £16 price tag! It has served very well as a Golden Retriever protector but I am not sure that it would do the same for bikes and prams etc. Obviously fits perfect and is hardly noticeable....Julian

Dazzerm

May 21, 2014
Thanks all. Not sure I should post details of particular products here but the ones I have found are stuck on and can come in black, silver, carbon fibre look, or brushed alloy. Seat seem to be the only ones providing a clear one.
I'll think about it a little more but any more info would be gratefully received!

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
I could do with some kind of guard there too. Mountain bike pedal studs and painted bumpers aren't a good mix! Plus the pram, furniture and numerous dump runs. I've managed to keep it to only two scratches so far by pulling my extra load area carpet over the bumper when moving big or spiky stuff.

Got it sorted recently by a mobile paint guy so need to protect it sharpish

Anyone got any photos of what they have fitted? Some of the clear films can yellow over time so not sure if I'm keen on that option

Last edited:

PeeJay

Jan 22, 2014
I could do with some kind of guard there too. Mountain bike pedal studs and painted bumpers aren't a good mix! Plus the pram, furniture and numerous dump runs. I've managed to keep it to only two scratches so far by pulling my extra load area carpet over the bumper when moving big or spiky stuff.

Got it sorted recently by a mobile paint guy so need to protect it sharpish

Anyone got any photos of what they have fitted? Some of the clear films can yellow over time so not sure if I'm keen on that option

Mine is 3 years old now and hasn't yellowed at all, admittedly my car is black so it wouldn't be that obvious - it's bounced off the advances of my Shimano Saint pedals and a brush with the tail end of my Spicy - but I've got roof carrier now.

The pram won't come into action for a few days yet - she's due any min!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise