track wheels advice

ejarvo

Jan 19, 2014
Milton Keynes
I'm looking to do a few track days here and there and would prefer not to track my road tyres/wheels for obvious reasons.
Are there any steelies/cheap alloys that people use for track days? I'm not too fussed about running any slicks or race tyres, more like part-worns etc. (Just for fun, not competing)

cheers

ejarvo

Jan 19, 2014
Milton Keynes
Cool. Yea I'm looking for 2nd sets of wheels and then I'll look into tyres. The requirement is only for a few blasts round the track a few times a year. Couldn't warrant paying for new wheels. Thanks for the replies though, keep em coming.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pigeon fancier

Sep 27, 2013
Chesterfield
There is an advert on here bloke breaking his track car,he has a few sets of wheels for sale including those 17s mentioned
Chaps name is CupraTrack.

Last edited:

ejarvo

Jan 19, 2014
Milton Keynes
Ah yes, I've just checked that thread out, looks promising. That is the kind of thing I'm after.
I've noticed that people have had fun and games trying to get some wheels to fit over the brembos. I hear the TT ones fit over without the need for spacers. I don't particularly want to run spacers too.

Unfortunately I cannot reply to CupraTrack's thread yet as I'm still a newbie!

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
I haven't received anything in my in box as of yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

That's odd it's showing as sent my end?

Basically on reading your post I was just privately going to mention that I have just listed some reasonably cheap original LCR 18" wheels in the parts for sale section- regards, rob [rgm racer]

ejarvo

Jan 19, 2014
Milton Keynes
That's odd it's showing as sent my end?

Basically on reading your post I was just privately going to mention that I have just listed some reasonably cheap original LCR 18" wheels in the parts for sale section- regards, rob [rgm racer]

Ah, thanks. I've just seen it. Thanks for the offer but I'm after some wheels with at least a few track days worth of life left on the tyres. Thanks anyway.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I had a set of 17" TT comps that fitted over the Brembos no problem. 17"s are better for track as the tyre are a lot cheaper.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.