Morini's Mk3 Cupra 280

Mar 13, 2011
Officially Mrs Morini's new wagon, but really it's mine :cartman:

This won't be a very exciting thread as I don't have any modifications planned apart from maybe a gloss black roof. Think that would look quite nice.

Anyway, a few pictures of the new love of my life after an afternoon's TLC. Wash, decontamination IronX / clay, light once over with DA and M205 then sealed with a coat of FK1000p. In fairness, the paint is decent and the only dealer inflicted swirls I could see in sunlight were on the gloss black plastic parts. A once over the black bits with DA and Megs 105/205 and all is well.

cup280-1-scaled.JPG

cup280-2-scaled.JPG

cup280-3-scaled.JPG

cup280-4-scaled.JPG

cup280-5-scaled.JPG

cup280-6-scaled.JPG

Apologies for the rusty disc. Should have taken it for a spin before the photos to clean it up.

cup280-7-scaled.JPG

cup280-8-scaled.JPG

cup280-9-scaled.JPG

cup280-10-scaled.JPG

Higher resolution versions of same pics at http://veryblack.co.uk/scn-morini

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Is it just me or does anybody else think the black plastic trim by the rear number plate would look better in gloss black to match the wing mirrors?

Mar 13, 2011
Cheers guys. And yes, I think the rear plastic bits would be better gloss too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Lovely mate.

I wish I had the energy to detail mine at the moment. Problem is, I know the detail will turn into a crazy long detail and I cba'ed for it at the moment.

Mar 13, 2011
Was only a mini detail really. Just a decontamination and light polish with a finishing pad. Main reason was to get a base for a protective coat. Did the wheels in an earlier session on the bank holiday Monday, so that saved me a load of time.

On an unrelated note, drove it in the dark for the first time tonight. Headlights are awesome!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Was only a mini detail really. Just a decontamination and light polish with a finishing pad. Main reason was to get a base for a protective coat. Did the wheels in an earlier session on the bank holiday Monday, so that saved me a load of time.

On an unrelated note, drove it in the dark for the first time tonight. Headlights are awesome!

Problem is I promised the Mrs I would do it and she keeps going on at me about it lol.

her:
"Are you going to do a mega detail like you done your old Leon and Porsche"

me:
"Sigh...no"

lol!

Car looks fantastic. How are you finding the sound actuator? I am finding it incredibly annoying as I know it isnt real and can hear the increase in volume.

Apart from that, I am in love with the Cupra 280 already and really impressed with the adaptive dampers. Unlike the PASM which has two modes, Lovely sporty ride or break your back stiffness. Its nice and progressive between the three modes.

Havent tried the lights at night yet. Might have to go for a spin!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2011
The sound actuator is a bit OTT in Cupra mode. But it might just be because I'm taking it easy. Might sound less unrealistic when giving it some proper beanage. Time will tell.