What else can cause a failed tubo?

rivigo

Jan 1, 2014
UK
I recently bought a remanufactured turbo (luckily with a warranty) after my previous one started leaking a lot of oil into the intercooler pipework and started the whole police siren noise. Basically as soon as I got my remanufactured one it whines, but not like before this seems a lot different, now there is a lot of oil in the pipework again, oil feed and return lines were replaced along with all the gaskets etc. So i'm wondering what else could be causing this one to fail or whether its just a bad rebuild? It doesn't appear to be oil starvation as everything was cleared when fitted and there is a lot of oil getting to the turbo (apparent through the pipework being filled with oil).

Cheers

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Was the intercooler changed or flushed out? Were all the pipes flushed? My turbo blew up last week and I've had a recon fitted and had a new intercooler and new pipes.

rivigo

Jan 1, 2014
UK
All the pipes and intercooler pipes were flushed out. Got another new reconditioned turbo, garage are flushing everything this time, the engine and sump too. Hopefully this one will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Hopefully!

I don't know if it's just me, but I have noticed a small increase of 'refurbished' or 'reconditioned' turbos failing very early or having issues. I wonder why?

rivigo

Jan 1, 2014
UK
Yeah bit strange. Goes garage on Monday to get fitted. Got the garrett one from a golf gt1749va

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.