Cupra Rattle - noise generator...

CHRI55

Yes its been Tango'd
Oct 15, 2006
Norfolk
The noise you describe is almost identical to what i am getting on my FR170 CR. But does the diesel have a sound actuatory thingy?? Would never have thought anybody would want a noisier diesel if it does have one.

When are you getting the vibrations in your rev range. sounds like a noise I'm getting in mine.

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
I get mine from about 1500rpm up to about 2500rpm I think. I will need to drive it to get the exact rev range. I did take it to the garage but they said they couldn't replicate it. The sound is from the same area described above. A really annoying rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
The Sound Actuator is only shown as being fitted to the FL Cupra and Cupra R so this shouldn't be the problem on a CR170. Where fitted, it will probably cause some vibration as it pumps the crap noise through the bulkhead into the cabin.

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
mine sounded like a tiny peace of plastic was getting chucked about in a plastic cup to be precise at about 3000-5000 rpm

Yeah that is the sound that my CR170 makes.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Yeah that is the sound that my CR170 makes.

I believe the soundakators are fitted the the mk3 FR diesels, Mk3 Octavia Vrs TDI and Mk7 GTDs, to make them sound like petrol engines, I don't think that they were ever fitted to 1p TDIs.

Last edited:

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
Just had a look at my car, engine cover seems fine. When I push the clutch and rev the car the rattle goes away. Then comes back when I take my foot off the clutch. Starts rattling at about 1250rpm.

rossco775

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for that. Anything that can be done to solve that or do I just put up with it?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.