8bit's Mk1 Leon Cupra R. Scarlett - as in Johansson...

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I was just gonna get one of those, then I looked on Awesome GTI and saw the price - feck that, if a 2mm M18 washer will do the job then that's good enough for me...

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
OK, got the washer fitted last weekend, had the code come up once since then. Not sure if it was a pending code or what but I've ordered an angled M18 spacer off eBay. If the code hasn't come up again by the time it arrives then I'll wait until it does before changing the washer for the proper spacer.

In other news, Scarlett got a wash and is back on the winter rims now...

ii0q.jpg

z03m.jpg

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers guys, was really lazy with the photos there. Just used my phone camera and didn't bother drying the car after washing! I got a water filter which means I can let it dry naturally and not end up with water spots...

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
My wife is talking about getting a new car for herself, she's mostly been driving Scarlett since I got the XKR and she sold her MX-5 and she misses having her own car. I think she finds the ride a bit firm too and with baby on the way too I sort of see her point. I'd like to keep this one and use it for track days but she doesn't think the cost of having three cars between us is justifiable and space may be an issue too.

I am considering putting Scarlett on SORN to reduce ongoing costs but then we'd need whatever other car we get to be capable of towing her on a trailer, which doesn't really fit with the stuff she's been looking at so far (Alfa Romeo 159 or Giulietta, Mk2 Leon FR, Merc C Class) so I guess I have some thinking to do.

Thing is, when I do take this for a drive I still really enjoy it, I love the flappy-paddle auto in the Jag but do still enjoy driving a manual sometimes, and while the Jag is faster the kick from the turbo in this is addictive. I'd also be gutted if I sold it and saw it getting driven around, more so if it was getting thrashed. With the baby on the way and planned house extension next year though I don't think I'll have the time or inclination to break her and even that would break my heart as it's still a good car.

When she first said she wanted to get a new car and suggested I might sell this I almost said I'd sell the Jag first. Time for some soul searching I guess.

Hmm!

A suggestion from someone who currently owns 4 cars, just do as you say sorn her, but then when you want to drive her, slap a few days temp insurance onto it, tax it and then sell the tax after you have finished so you only have to pay for one months tax ;)

Still have to keep her MOTd every year like, and it won't get used as much so you'll have sticky brakes etc unless you keep her in a garage... But worth thinking about.

alias

May 9, 2011
Essex
If you do sell her, do it in one piece. It's tragic seeing these cars broken. I sold mine last weekend, after long saying I wouldn't! I'll no doubt miss her in time.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
And now the big update.

Scarlett is sold :(

I am actually gutted, I know I've got the Jag now, the Mrs. has her new car arriving tomorrow (Merc ML320) and with the baby due to arrive in less than 2 weeks now I'll realistically hardly have time for one car let alone two but I'm really sad to sell this. At least it's going as a whole car to someone who'll enjoy it. I actually couldn't have wished for an easier selling process; was chatting to a guy at work one day and mentioned I was thinking of selling it and he seemed really keen. Long story short, the deal was done, I spent most of last week's evenings and a good bit of time today sorting the last couple of bits and bobs and giving her a wash and that's it, he takes her away tomorrow. I did put a condition on the sale and that was that if/when he comes to sell that I get first refusal though...

Also just want to say a huge thanks to everyone who's commented on my thread and to everyone who's helped out with advice here and in my random posts in the rest of the forum and actual physical help at times too - much appreciated, I've learned a lot about these and about cars in general here so cheers :)

Had a last wee run (well, about 120 miles) this morning, some final pics...

IMG_1082_zpsebb65f1a.jpg

IMG_1083_zps884e4d68.jpg

IMG_1084_zps30657d79.jpg

IMG_1085_zpsa7be492f.jpg

IMG_1088_zps506e3738.jpg

IMG_1089_zpsf27378d5.jpg

IMG_1090_zps40aa008b.jpg

IMG_1096_zps7787cf32.jpg

IMG_1097_zps5b52a8e9.jpg

IMG_1098_zps7180fab1.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers :) Yeah not sure why but I always seemed to drive a bit more aggressively in the Leon than other cars ;)

Cairn o Mount is great, I also love the section on the Fettercairn side, over the Clattering Brig to Auchenblae then the back round up to Stonehaven - awesome. I actually went over the Cairn twice yesterday too ;)

Cheers :) Yeah not sure why but I always seemed to drive a bit more aggressively in the Leon than other cars ;)

Cairn o Mount is great, I also love the section on the Fettercairn side, over the Clattering Brig to Auchenblae then the back round up to Stonehaven - awesome. I actually went over the Cairn twice yesterday too ;)

I think it's the turbo nooooote ey! ;)

Yeah I LOVE the whole road from Rhynie - Cairn O' Mount - Dualler. In my opinion, best road in Scotland... I will be going for a hoon with Willie over there, fancy coming along if the baba hasn't arrived?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Hmm it's great but I still prefer the Ballater to Tomintoul road over the Lecht, or Pitlochry A924 to Kirkmichael then A93 over Glenshee to Braemar. When you guys thinking of going?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise