2015 Cupra ?

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Has anyone heard that the 2015 Cupra's will finally be fitted with a 6 speed MANUAL GEAR BOX ?
Appears the 2015 VW Polo Gti will be so fitted.
If they can get it why cant we ? Or will we ?
Would make a difference to Our Cupra and the poor old Skoda:confused:Fabia Vrs.
Been needed since its inception (In my opinion) Having had a Cupra 2011 and a Vrs.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Has anyone heard that the 2015 Cupra's will finally be fitted with a 6 speed MANUAL GEAR BOX ?
Appears the 2015 VW Polo Gti will be so fitted.
If they can get it why cant we ? Or will we ?
Would make a difference to Our Cupra and the poor old Skoda:confused:Fabia Vrs.
Been needed since its inception (In my opinion) Having had a Cupra 2011 and a Vrs.

I would love them to offer a TDi cupra like they used to.

The 2.0TDi CR 184ps motor from the Leon/golf would suit it well.

WaspyJoe

May 30, 2014
After the criticism they got for it in almost every review, I would be very surprised if they didn't offer manual in the next car.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well they already discontinued the Cupra a while back, and it's had it's facelift.

It'd be nice to see it back with a manual... but I can't see it happening (for the UK) in this model iteration

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Well they already discontinued the Cupra a while back, and it's had it's facelift.

It'd be nice to see it back with a manual... but I can't see it happening (for the UK) in this model iteration

What do you mean they discontinued the Cupra? Mine is going in to production in a ween or two.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
are they still sticking with the twin charger 1.4 180bhp engine? I've never owned one but they seem very troublesome especially oil consumption issues. Stories of folk getting a replacement engine under warranty and the new one being just as bad.

No plans for the 1.8 180bhp engine in the Ibiza/Polo/Fabia platform?

WaspyJoe

May 30, 2014
If the polo Gti does, the Ibiza cupra and Fabia VRs will. Identical cars with different styling and price. And therefore different target markets. If one suddenly gains a huge advantage (like a manual box) it will mess up the market dynamic.

All three will get it, is my prediction.

Last edited:

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
What do you mean they discontinued the Cupra? Mine is going in to production in a ween or two.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

They stopped taking orders for them a few weeks ago iirc, not sure what the official line on it is. Pretty sure you can't order the GTi either, VRs can be still be ordered however.

Chances are all 3 will be 'relaunched' with the manual box and the DSG will be optional, possibly with the 1.8tsi too. Price points will be interesting as usually the DSG is a reasonably expensive option so it could bump the list price of the Cupra down and make it a bargain!

WaspyJoe

May 30, 2014
Well, a dealer sat and talked me through ordering one. If was a terrible deal, so I didn't buy. But I would be surprised if he took that time and they were discontinued...

T108

Jul 2, 2008
No metion at my dealer 2 weeks ago of it being discontiuned, again was talked though options and factory lead times, i didn't buy one though as they had a very low milage 11plate Boc for like half the price!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It's my mistake - not discontinued. I checked yesterday, I think it all stemmed from it falling off the configurator a few months ago

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Funny thing is that it's back on there now!

Seriously discounted already, so run out for sure.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.