Soundaktor

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
Does my '11 plate Cupra have one of these?

I think I can see it just under the bottom of the windscreen cowling in the middle. It's circular and has a wire going to it, half showing and the other half is obscured by the cowling.

It would be an absolute pain to get to so I'm wondering if there's a fuse for it that I can just remove? Does anyone have a wiring/fuse diagram at all or know where I can get one?

I'm just curious as to the difference it would make. If there is one, of course!

Thanks guys.

Rich

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
Cheers Rich. I read that and was confused with the bit about removing the bulkhead part. Couldn't for the life of me understand which bit he meant, cause he doesn't mention removing the windscreen wipers and I cannot see any way to get to it without removing them.

I think I'll have a proper look with some spanners at the weekend if the weather holds out!

Thanks again mate.

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Cheers Rich. I read that and was confused with the bit about removing the bulkhead part. Couldn't for the life of me understand which bit he meant, cause he doesn't mention removing the windscreen wipers and I cannot see any way to get to it without removing them.

I think I'll have a proper look with some spanners at the weekend if the weather holds out!

Thanks again mate.

When you open the bonnet you will see the rubber seal that runs along the bulk head part, this pulls off all the way across the car, you are then left with the plastic from the windscreen and the metal that it sits on, the part I removed was the metal that it sits on as it is held on with two screws at each end of the car, once them screws were removed I could ease the metal far enough out to get my hand in and disconnect this part you are talking about.

I then wrapped the end of the wire up in insulating tape in order to keep the contacts clean from corrosion.

Makes a massive difference, I still have mine disconnected and it will be left like that.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Can't you turn it up or down via vcds? As in put it on mute instead of watching you take apart your bulkhead with a crowbar, be interesting to see tho :D

Richoscos

Richoscos
Apr 7, 2014
Hertfordshire
This was mentioned in a VW thread I saw today, but I haven't got access to VCDS so thought I'd do it the old school way. The VCDS method does seem a bit cleaner though, doesn't it?!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Can't you turn it up or down via vcds? As in put it on mute instead of watching you take apart your bulkhead with a crowbar, be interesting to see tho :D

It's not a speaker :)
It's actually an oscillating/spinning motor that makes the sound. So, it IS a mechanical engine sound hehehe.

A fuse would have been much handier though

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Haha. Crowbar versus VagCom.

Let the battle commence! :handbags:

http4bpblogspotcom_gP7ZH035B48St_8ckN4WIAAAAAAAABZY_B54u2Si5cs320HarryHill_fightjpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.