what have you done to your car today ?

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Fitted my brembos and ds2500s yesterday (will be going out tonight to bed them in) and machine polished the car today to get rid of as much swirling as I can. Even got my very own 50/50 shot which I'm quite happy about. Just polish dust on the left.

2704b94b-9737-4120-8add-8b1720ffd049_zpsd6908174.jpg

Such a good job I can't even tell what colour your motor is! Tis a mirror, cracking work. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

aviii

Aug 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Fitted 3" Turbo-back cobra exhaust, decat, non res. Had a stage 2 map.. safe 282bhp/296lbft that day on that dyno, etc. Sounds epic.

mwflynn06

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds
Took Leon in for its MOT, and passed first time :D not bad for a 10 year old car !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Took Blackie in for a 120K full service and full cambelt kit change.

Also had to replace the crank shaft sensor which was causing issues with problematic starting.

Car is now running sweet and pulling hard!!

Fitkin

Jan 30, 2014
Macclesfield
Fitted a new CD player, carbon fibre wrapped th climate control and CD player surround looks a lot better now. Ordered 5 meters of blue vacuum hose to replace all hoses and started to make my drivers heater vent into a boost gauge pod, will keep me busy for a week or so, I'm after a new gear knob ,gaiter and surround but th surround has to be black anyone selling one?

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Had a badger 5 v2.2 tip fitted. Mid range feels alot better. Had a creation motorsport tip before. Well impressed with the v2.2. More torque is always great

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Replaced both front wishbones because the old bushes were shagged....nice and tight again now!

Did you get the tracking done afterwards

I've gotta do mine this weekend today as well as the driveshaft replacement so I can do the CV joint so I'll keep the standard driveshaft tucked away in case I have any problems. I was wondering whether it'd send the alignment miles out is why I asked :)

Also hopefully later on today I'm going to take the car to be plugged into VAG-COM and hopefully get the new CCM programmed in so some the features may work :D

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Did you get the tracking done afterwards

I've gotta do mine this weekend today as well as the driveshaft replacement so I can do the CV joint so I'll keep the standard driveshaft tucked away in case I have any problems. I was wondering whether it'd send the alignment miles out is why I asked :)

Also hopefully later on today I'm going to take the car to be plugged into VAG-COM and hopefully get the new CCM programmed in so some the features may work :D

Yeah alignment is a must after replacing the wishbones, i just got a garage to do it, bought 2 brand new wishbones with bushes and balljoints for £35, £40 for fitting and tracking.

CCM programming takes minutes, managed to get one for £8 since my remote central locking was fudged on my old one.

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Yeah alignment is a must after replacing the wishbones, i just got a garage to do it, bought 2 brand new wishbones with bushes and balljoints for £35, £40 for fitting and tracking.

CCM programming takes minutes, managed to get one for £8 since my remote central locking was fudged on my old one.

I knew that the alignment needs doing but as me / brother are planning on getting it done today but the garage is likely to be shut by the time we got it done but I'm going to need the car to get the CCM programmed in obviously that's why I asked lol, I'll get the tracking done Monday I expect providing it's able to be driven :)

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
I've stayed OEM with it, I'm trying to get it to be sorted properly before I start tinkering, The only mods so far on it are a set of the later spec Starfish alloys / debadged it but that's it thus far lol

Today we've replaced the driveshaft and the wishbone as hoped and it tracks better than it did before although I'm not surprised considering the state of the wishbone bush :(

I've also discovered I need a few parts for the MOT in 3 weeks too though :(

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Fixed the rear door seals with the usual leaks (been needing done for a while now lol). Also given a look over underneath and decided its time to change the track rod ends and ball joints. Then last but not least I cleaned it inside and out.

djhixxy1983

Mar 15, 2014
Had it valeted and am now pricing up a front mount intercooler! Although I am also looking at maybe selling and getting a zafira vxr

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.