lcr has a stutter when it hits boost

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
So is it better than it's been for a while now or just it was back to how it's been after unplugging the MAF?

Squeal under boost could be a leak, yeah. Check all the hoses from the turbo outlet round to the throttle body. Chances are it'll be a loose or split breather hose, they're almost all underneath the intake manifold so a bit of a pain to check but chances are if there's a leak then there'll be oily crap around where the leak is.

See when you got your graphs from the RR, did you get another one showing boost? Some dynos give you that, some don't but if you've got it then post it up.

Only that graph mate . Will check the hoses at the weekend and get back to you . With the maf unplugged it felt like it did before when the cool pack was on the way out

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
OK I understand. That's a bit strange, unplugging the MAF shouldn't affect how the car feels, possible you do still have a slightly dodgy coilpack then. Any engine warning light showing? Does the car idle OK? I know you don't have your own vagcom but have you code even a basic fault code reader or know someone that does?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
When the car is idleing rev needle goes up and very slightly why ? Have a fault finder but didn't come up with anything

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
idle revs won't be rock steady, they will fluctuate a tiny bit normally. If one coil was so badly shot that it couldn't even work at idle then you'd know about it :) I'd have thought you'd get a fault code for multiple misfires on a cylinder. Did you change all the coils?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
no it was just cylinder 4 that was goosed :) no other faults are coming up . i'll get a good root around the hoses at the weekend :D

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
would cause a boost leak , down behine the mani , has a small split in the hose you cant see it very well so ive highlighted it

Untitled.jpg

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
If it's split then yes it will cause a boost leak. Not sure it is split from looking at the photo, just marked on the surface a bit. Usually when those hoses split you get mucky black gunk around the splits as oily vapours from the PCV system escape.

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
If it's split then yes it will cause a boost leak. Not sure it is split from looking at the photo, just marked on the surface a bit. Usually when those hoses split you get mucky black gunk around the splits as oily vapours from the PCV system escape.

there was oily gunk round the injector just above it and none on the other 3

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Sorry for slow reply mate. Yeah I guess that could be a boost leak but it looks pretty small and where it is it looks like it's the bit of the hose that's got a pipe inside it, you can see the "ribs" showing through the hose.

That lot can be removed, search for PCV Delete in the mk1 Leon section for guides. If you don't fancy binning it then you can get replacement PCV hoses from Forge. They're a bit of a pain to change but if you go that way rather than the delete then better putting in Forge stuff than more OEM rubbish.

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Sorry for slow reply mate. Yeah I guess that could be a boost leak but it looks pretty small and where it is it looks like it's the bit of the hose that's got a pipe inside it, you can see the "ribs" showing through the hose.

That lot can be removed, search for PCV Delete in the mk1 Leon section for guides. If you don't fancy binning it then you can get replacement PCV hoses from Forge. They're a bit of a pain to change but if you go that way rather than the delete then better putting in Forge stuff than more OEM rubbish.

cheers again going to have another root about at the weekend an di've got someone to run logs for me next week aswell . thanks greig:D

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
No worries bud, the logs should give some clues. Make sure you're nice to whoever is logging for you, you might need their help again ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.