leon cupra - winter protection

Mahoney_cuprak1

Feb 16, 2014
Cumbria
[M]ike;4305484 said:
Nice work you did there. Are you still happy with the reasaults of the mod? Think i might give this a go. Can you give me a heads up where you orderd the parts Jake? Cheers!

how to make your own 90mm custom intake

before I even got the k1 I had been looking at the tuning aspect, and realising these cars are bloody expensive, im not the type to pay £400 for an intake, no matter how nice it looks,

so heres your shopping list:

1x70>90mm silicone hose
2x90mm 90degree silicone hoses
1xmetre 90mm alloy pipe
5x80>100 jubilee clips
1x60>80 jubilee clips
Metal rod
Air filter of choice

Tools:
Air saw
Dremel/air grinder
Sanding wheel

Heres how to do it:

The scary bit is cutting your engine cover, once you have this in hand you’ll see how and were to cut, you basically need the maf pipe, don’t forget take the maf sensor out before doing any cutting as they are fragile!!!! You have been warned

You want to get the oval maf pipe to the stage were the coupler fits on,

Next you need a piece of alloy pipe 10.5” long, fit this into the coupler and then onto one of the elbows,

The next pipe is 6.5” long and has the other elbow and filter on it (I chose a ramair filter which can flow over 400bhp)

I then made a couple of brackets out of the steel bar, to hold everything in place, and cut my engine cover to suit,

Heres how it all looks now

DSC_3199 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

DSC_3191 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG0154 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

DSC_3189 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Jake

Oryt just wondering where you anchored it to?

JJ_90S

Feb 27, 2014
Looking to put a r diffuser on my k1, how wide is the diffuser I thought I saw it was an inch over the reflectors?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Well,

Today I will be reunites with the Leon, I've pined for it since I sold it

The golf unexpectedly hurt my back so with that sold, I was stuck for another car, no leons for sale floated my boat, and as I kept in touch with the previous owner, I messaged him and we reached a deal.

Should never of sold it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise